Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2011
TheSmokinDagon and lil dragons a-ok out here, but I pray for

all that have lost loved ones in this horrible storm.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Any storm that can kill a woman in Canada with a sign from winds and still keeps my house company in MD with 40mph winds that are constant at the same time is a pretty powerful storm! It was barely a hurricane though and people are calling it "The Perfect Storm" and "Disaster Toll Uncalculable" Weather people are just milking it for all it's worth and spreading fear through overinflating the harshness of the weather.
We did get lucky though, originally the storm was supposed to hit with 90mph winds in my area, actually was 40mph and for 1 day and a night, instead of the 2 that was predicted. We suffered through a whole 10 minutes of power loss and lost no trees. So I am thankful for that, we were worried about severe roof damage.

kasbah

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 26, 2012
Here in Cleveland, OH we got hit pretty hard. Our power went out at 9PM last night and still has yet to come back. Very high winds, uprooted trees, and mass flooding.

gageploungin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 14, 2012
Jersey got hammered...so much rain. It may have only been a category 1, but it dumped insane amounts of rain. The strange thing is that a lot of the towns in Jersey that often flood due to wet springs and storms are relatively untouched. I just got off the phone with my cousin in Hoboken, apparently power is out for most of the tri-state area. Fortunately, their house is on high ground and they have a generator. He said he can see the water from his upstairs window.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Just got power back here in Bethlehem,Pa after being out for 21 hours. A miracle really with what happened in the past 24 hours. Eastern NJ is devastated. My brother in central NJ may not get power until next week.

Many people out here by us could be withour power until the weekend at best.

rondyr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2012
Bel Air, MD
Got my power back on a few hours ago; got it back a lot sooner than I thought! No real damage here, Harford County Md got through okay. My thoughts and prayers are with those who were not so fortunate and with those families who lost loved ones.
Glad to hear that y'all here seem to have weathered the storm well! Property can be repaired, ruined items can be replaced- but lives cannot.
Take care, and Sandy - glad your ugly ass is out the door!

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
Power came back yesterday, phone and internet went on this morning. Trees down around the neighborhood and one 30 year old cedar snapped off 20" or so across the driveway. Pretty lucky in all, I have about 30 trees on the lot and all but the cedar survived intact.

kasbah

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 26, 2012
41 hours without power now. Makes running an internet based retail business quite difficult... -_-

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
Wow It's good to be back! I just got power back Wednesday night but we are very lucky. I had very little property damage to speak of except for 3 large trees that missed my garage by inches. There are many others without running water or power and whose homes have been severely damaged. There are very few gas stations open and when you find one with power they have run out of gas. Most of us are just resigned to staying close to home or cycling to where we need to go. The people near the shore have my prayers because they have been devastated.

Status
Not open for further replies.