PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcirka

Lurker
Aug 28, 2012
In the same boat here. Live in Southeastern PA, right on the border of PA/NJ. Looks like we are going to get smacked.

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Man you guys in those areas please keep safe... hope you guys are well sealed up and with plenty of food and water for those of you riding it out.
oh and pipeaguy... loving your list :lol:
Wishing all of you and your families all the best... stay safe and keep us posted as much as possible.

docrx

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 9, 2011
Eerrie here this am. Very cloudy and windy. Temp beginning to drop. Very quiet around town(nj shore).All batted down awaiting the worst. Hopefully will not be as bad as predicted.Will try and keep all posted.

Jul 12, 2011
Looks like she is headed right at us here in NYC/NJ/CT...got my

Mark Balkovec Canted Cutty in jaw, standing out in the wind...

come on you "&$)?!! Is that all you got!

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I've been through a few Hurricanes and a 1 isn't too bad. Flooding will be an issue and that area is highly populated, though. Have water, whiskey, a rifle and batteries and other than that, keep calm and smoke your pipe.

timely

Jan 23, 2012
Be safe and stock up on everything you can think of before the stores are cleaned out, which have been reported in some areas.

lankfordjl

Sep 29, 2011
Texas
Be safe. I've been through two major hurricanes here in East Texas (bordering Louisiana). I know how fast they arrive and how much destruction they leave behind...many days without power and lots of chainsaw work here.
Stay safe! I think it's always best to get out of a large city during a major crisis...that's my opinion.
I haven't heard anything from my in-laws in Massachusetts. Hope they'll be OK.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
Standing by :puffy:

992008155622773Lion_Before_Storm_II__Sitting_Profile.jpg

lasttango

Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
yeah, a 1 isn't horrible, but the thing they are saying with this storm is that it is enormous... and the duration of heavy rains will be the real danger...
Not sure if I heard correctly, but even Manhattan has some sections under evacuation...

zone A? 480 k to evacuate?

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Yall will be fine at least the gators and the water moccasins wont be on the porch like they are down in the gulf states .

mangers

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 11, 2012
Don't take this storm lightly! This is going to be a very dangerous storm, it's going to make Irene of last year look like a spring shower!! Please read the link I have posted below.
http://www.alabamawx.com/?p=65725

lasttango

Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
They showed some of the boardwalk in Atlantic City crumbling... and the storm hasn't even reached it yet... I agree, this one is going to be dangerous and costly.

I fear for lower Manhattan... it can't take that much surge.

ikondave

Lurker
Jul 30, 2012
Good luck to everyone in harms way. Here in Savannah it got a bit breezy and that was all she wrote. Our summer place in Nova Scotia might be another story :-/

rondyr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2012
Bel Air, MD
Good luck to us all! I hope everyone makes it through Frankenstorm safely.
Sandy looks like she's going to be sitting directly over my head in Harford County, Maryland come Tuesday. It's probably going to be nasty, but hopefully she will wind up being mostly bark and very little bite.
Luckily I am prepared for a lengthy week without power - I've got food, water, batteries, flashlights, phones and laptops are charged, and I've got plenty of tobacco, pipe cleaners, and a few good books to keep me occupied :)

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
We have waterfront property in the Chesapeake Bay, right where it shows the red color on the forecast, it is also supposed to be a solid hurricane when it hits us. Thank God that our house is highly elavated, when the hurricanes hit hard years ago our neighbors in the same development had to use canoes to get to their front doors and the restaruant where I worked was flooded so badly I could not imagine how the building was not washed away. The bad news is, the winds are supposed to be 75+ mph when it hits us and... at about 80mph the roof gets torn up requiring replacement according to my father, so not good! We already had to replace our well for $7,500 this year, lets not add a new roof to the list!
My father is actually scared for his house, which is something I almost never see. It unnerves me a little myself since I live here!

Status
Not open for further replies.