PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
This thread is incredible
And I can't get that dang Crosby Stills and Nash song out of my head now...

michalski

Lurker
Apr 16, 2013
Philip,
Great pictures and adventures. I hope that once I retire (I'm only 29 so I have a lot way to go) I will be able to sail alot or even live on a boat.
Where do you usually sail?
Safe sailing and happy puffing.

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
Philip:

Winters in the Sound are cold, foggy and rainy. Do you have a special place (other than the marina) to hole-up or do you sail around like you do in the Summer?

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
Thanks, michalski. I sail all around Puget Sound.

@ flyguy - The winters around here are long and dismal. I live on the boat all year, but I don't sail much in the winter. I try to stay busy with other hobbies.
I'll post any new pictures I take this year in the new thread I started - Smoke on the Boat.
Thanks, everyone. :puffy:

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Philip:

When you decide to sail south, head for Anderson Island and Amsterdam Bay. My folks use to own the old Camus Homestead on the Bay. Great place with wonderful memories.
PS - Watch the channel - it's deceiving, there's a small cut out for sailboats. A Russian ship got caught in it several years ago.

pipetraveler

Might Stick Around
Feb 20, 2014
Phillip, is your boat a west sail, Hanse Christian, vanguard , whatever it's a beautiful double ender. I just put mony down on a 1982 C&C 37.all it needs is TLC and elbow Greece. I'll have to rebuild the iron sail but all boat work to me isn't work at all. After cruising the country in a semi for 40 years and 8 million miles its time to cruise the Great Lakes eventually I want to wind up in Alaska . I just published my new book on amazon and kindle Adventures of a Pipe Traveler. Very Kewl boat. Pipetraveler.

Status
Not open for further replies.