PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
Usually smoke is the last thing one wants to see on a boat, but I find if I keep the fire confined to a small bowl it's very pleasant, especially after a long day of drifting around.
I haven't been able to get on the internet a lot lately.

This was my home for most of last week.
DSCN0961_zps0ee37a1c.jpg

Happy puffing, everyone. :puffy:

Jul 15, 2011
Good to see you Philip! The boat looks like a beauty. Too bad there arent too many good bodies of water around here to take a boat. Been a long time since I have been on one.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Philip ~ Great ship, what size? I have a 23' San Juan that has been in drydock for 2 years, you just pushed me to get moving!

michalski

Lurker
Apr 16, 2013
Great boat. I hope to own one in the future. Living aboard would be great but that's not going to happen any time soon:(

4noggins

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2013
Phil,
Where are you sailing out of??? I'm on Lake Champlain in Vermont on a Sabre 36.

What is she, a Cabo Rico??
Rich

4noggins.com

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
Thanks, everyone.
It's all good, but not always easy. The reason I'm back in port now is to fix a broken water pipe. I's not fun out there for long without water.
@ plateauguy - It's a Westsail 32.

@ Rich - I keep the boat in Brownsville which is across the sound from Seattle. Anywhere in Puget Sound is home to me.

@ Dervis - You're welcome. I'll post some more when I get the chance.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
That really looks like a lot of fun Phillip! Hope ya can get the pipe fixed and get back out soon!

Dec 24, 2012
The second happiest day in my life was when I bought a boat. The happiest was when I sold it. :rofl:
I jest. There are people made for boating, but I discovered after one year that I wasn't one of them.

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
Philip, you are living the dream. I spent a week 2 summers ago sailing the San Juans and got hooked. A week is way too short of a time for the San Juans. The wife and I are looking at purchasing a Pacific Seacraft Dana 24; a spendy but seaworthy little boat that we can trailer as I am not fond of paying slip fees.

Your boat is a real beauty! W.I.B. Crealock designed both the Westsail 32 and the Dana 24 if my memory serves.

Don't sailors smoke folded flake tobacco in an upside-down pipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.