Search on Site

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

disinformatique

Preferred Member
Part of my crazy 2015 PAD Binge. My first 2013 Cherpanov, a bent pear, flame grain, 5.8" long, 1.38" chamber depth beauty weighing in at 39g/1.37oz. The stem is lucite and in perfect condition.
I have no idea which of the brothers made it but I just fell in love with the grain when I saw it a few months back. So obviously I had to get it. I made Mike at BriarBlues hold onto it for a loooong time and I am very grateful for him.
Enjoy !!

Cheers,

Chris :puffpipe:

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
Nicely turned, and such light weight. Interesting take on (maybe) a Rhodesian. I like the brightness of the stain that sets off the grain.

disinformatique

Preferred Member
@pipestud Thanks Steve, the russians are a genre on their own when it comes to pipes.
@jkrug thanks brother
@mso I feel exactly as you, I've been trying to get a bright stained pipe for a long time. I keep ending up with darker color pipes !! This is my first brightly stained smooth !! The shape was listed as bent pear, to me it feels like a hybrid of 2-3 Stanwell shapes thrown together. Definitely Danish inspiration here.
@Clickklick Thanks Adam, Happy you liked it. Would love to see a stain like this on your pipes. Oh btw copper chloride after black understain ;) try it.
@Hunter I totally support the kind of Russian PAD you like.
@spencer, the grain is really beautiful on this pipe, its not perfect but at 1/4th the price of a 2015-2016 Cherapanov its pretty Epic.
@Clark thanks brother :)

bonehed

Preferred Member
Nov 27, 2014
AFAIK... pipes made by Andrei alone are stamped "GNOM" - any other stamps are either Sergei's or a collaboration between them. Not %100 solid on this, but it's what I've seen...

Lovely pipe either way - enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.