New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of my crazy 2015 PAD Binge. My first 2013 Cherpanov, a bent pear, flame grain, 5.8" long, 1.38" chamber depth beauty weighing in at 39g/1.37oz. The stem is lucite and in perfect condition.
I have no idea which of the brothers made it but I just fell in love with the grain when I saw it a few months back. So obviously I had to get it. I made Mike at BriarBlues hold onto it for a loooong time and I am very grateful for him.
Enjoy !!

B9OGiWI.jpg

JwMDHpP.jpg

d46mqm2.jpg

qp7IvUl.jpg

pt3k7g8.jpg

1nJ6tsa.jpg

Cheers,

Chris :puffpipe:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Nicely turned, and such light weight. Interesting take on (maybe) a Rhodesian. I like the brightness of the stain that sets off the grain.

@pipestud Thanks Steve, the russians are a genre on their own when it comes to pipes.
@jkrug thanks brother
@mso I feel exactly as you, I've been trying to get a bright stained pipe for a long time. I keep ending up with darker color pipes !! This is my first brightly stained smooth !! The shape was listed as bent pear, to me it feels like a hybrid of 2-3 Stanwell shapes thrown together. Definitely Danish inspiration here.
@Clickklick Thanks Adam, Happy you liked it. Would love to see a stain like this on your pipes. Oh btw copper chloride after black understain ;) try it.
@Hunter I totally support the kind of Russian PAD you like.
@spencer, the grain is really beautiful on this pipe, its not perfect but at 1/4th the price of a 2015-2016 Cherapanov its pretty Epic.
@Clark thanks brother :)

bonehed

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2014
AFAIK... pipes made by Andrei alone are stamped "GNOM" - any other stamps are either Sergei's or a collaboration between them. Not %100 solid on this, but it's what I've seen...

Lovely pipe either way - enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.