PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Too Late! Damn, The son comment was the intended jest. I forget to use these emoji's. Oh, well.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I'm offended that everyone seems to think it's perfectly acceptable to spew hatred at Jar Jar Binks.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
I think what I (we) have learned here is, Feminism and Crap, can not be used under any circumstances. Does not matter whether or not it was a post Under General Discussion or not. Some folks can't put their Big Boy pants on and have a discussion.
Ahmad, why one would come to a thread with anger, I have no clue. If one of the ladies posted something about Patriarchal Crap, I wouldn't be angry, that's not very rational. You brought a great point about Luke being a female, I did forget that. The Luke/Leia character was melded. I can conceded maybe the OP was a ridiculous claim, but now that we see how irrational a group can be, I wonder.
You seem to be laboring under the misapprehension that because people haven't called you on your inane, hateful, ignorant, crap that anyone on this board actually believes you are capable of forming an adult argument. Look, you didn't start this thread to troll, you started it because you are a small man, an intolerant bigot and you are feeling threatened. All points you made absolutely clear in your OP. What you've missed is that most of the folks here either have restraint, or are unfamiliar with dealing with people such as yourself. You belittle yourself with every comment sinking further into a cesspool of ignorance, anger and blind hatefulness with every post.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
There's also some of us who embrace the diversity of human opinion and do our best to live by the sacraments of Buddha and Christ, that is an open mind and a dedication to the middle path...

May 4, 2015
There is no middle path when it comes to bigotry, intolerance or racism.
Agreed. There is no virtue in being tolerant of nonsense. Those sorts of attitudes aren't worthy of passing as a "difference of opinion."

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
First rule in engagement, never use the term Bigot. You have thus deemed yourself the bigot, sir. You need to sit down and review the word bigot. You approached the discussion with ideological drivel and hung yourself. Your a chump big pond, end of story. Luckily for you, you had plenty of company.
And to preach tolerance, That's laughable, there was plenty of tolerance here, just not with your ilk.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
The history of the 20th century:
"This is how things should be, and anyone who disagrees must be killed!"
Instead, we should focus on how things are. Or at least: how things are, when things are healthy.
In the meantime, this thread has me revisiting old Star Trek episodes. Yes, the other space saga. No, it's not great... but it is often very provocative, even if it slants clearly in one direction.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
I love strong women characters in fiction and real life. Among the brightest and most fierce people I have met, the majority have been women. I really don't care if an action hero in a movie is a man or woman. I prefer to see women in those roles for aesthetic reasons. They are more pleasing to the eye.
Anyone who thinks men are better than women should try shoving a grapefruit up their ass. Not because it resembles the size of a baby's head, but because people like that should have citrus in their rectum.
I am generally not fond of men. Most are oblivious to their own ignorance (myself especially) and I've had to compete with them for jobs, money, women and resources my whole life, just like the rest of you. Women are more beautiful, elegant, resourceful, down-to-earth and they smell much nicer. If anyone has inferiority issues with women... GOOD !! They are much better than you.
:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.