PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Where the hell was I four months ago?
What was I doing? What menial, meaningless task (A capital trial? Donating a kidney? Fomenting a revolution?) could I possibly have thought was more important than reading and contributing to this historically epic thread?
Everything I ever supposed about some of the folks hereabouts was "proved beyond the shadow of a doubt, with geometric logic," to be true. [Hey. This started as a movie thread. Points to you if you know, without Google, the origin of that quote.]
Sable, it is wonderful to know that, should I ever miss such a thread again -- and, oh my brothers, pray it never be so! -- that you can be counted on to keep tmb confined to parents' basement, eating Hot Pockets and and consulting his thesaurus for big words he doesn't quite understand.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
It would be so fun to have you all in a single pipe club. I think these conversations lose a bit when translated to the written word. I just want to watch.

I think I've already said my review of this on a thread that was going when it first came out. I was a teen when the first Star Wars came out. I liked it, but it wasn't life changing. It was following the vein of thought started in the 70's concerning things going on in literature, by writers such as Richard Bach, Jonathon Livingston Seagull and Illusions. But, this latest movie was on the same level as the MASH reunion. The story could have been elaborated into two movies, split right down the center. But, they glanced over all of details, with many cheap rehashes. None of the characters were very good, and some were dragged out of retirement to give us over dramatic BS.

They could have used modern chace cinematagraphy, modern Matrix style fight scenes, and some dialog that wasn't geared towards six year olds. But, all in all, it was a kids movie. They were playing to a new demographic. And, I think all but the diehard Star Wars fans saw through this. That scene at the end with Luke standing on the rock with the drone camera circling him... give me a break. Ha ha. Spoilers? If you didn't see anything in that movie coming from a mile away, you must be a six year old, IMO.
However, It was a kid movie. I wish they had of taken it a new level and given us more detail and plot development, expounding on... everything really. But... we might as well bash on each other over Toy Story 4, ha ha.

May 4, 2015
However, It was a kid movie. I wish they had of taken it a new level and given us more detail and plot development, expounding on... everything really.
It is a kid movie. And so where the originals, really. As far as plot development, they are going to be releasing, I don't know, a DOZEN new films. You're going to get alllll the plot you need.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I'm just throwing this out there, but hasn't this thread run its course like the Rocky movies? Don't get me wrong, I like a good Dr. Pepper but only if Mr. Pibb is unavailable.

Status
Not open for further replies.