PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

escioe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 31, 2013
Three must-smoke GLP blends with latakia, in increasing order of fullness of flavor:
Chelsea Morning

Blackpoint

Gaslight

pipejunky

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 16, 2014
McClellan 5110 is nice and ill second Sutliff #5, SPC plum pudding is another favorite of mine

kanaka95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 2, 2014
I enjoy this topic as i was pleased with mississippi river and wanted to give english blends a serious go.Now i have good recommendations.Man trailboss if i was in your neck of the woods i would be drooling and begging you to try some of those fine top shelf tobaccos you have in that picture.Oh well guess i can still drool all over my keyboard at least.

macattack

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 20, 2012
This thread makes me wish I liked latakia more than I do which is not that much. That little plug of Gaslight looks delicious.
I received a 1/2oz sample of GL Pease Odyssey with an order from Smoking Pipes. Wow that's some potent smelling stuff.

eastwoodaudio

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 23, 2013
+1 for Blue Mountain, which McClelland is changing it's name to Balkan Blue (due to some copyright issues).
Not really sure if it's considered an "English" blend, it's quite oriental forward for me, but I've been enjoying Magnum Opus A LOT lately.
Penzance honestly isn't all that hard to find (or wasn't for me, maybe I got lucky), as long as you're willing to do a bit of google searching for various tobacconists around the country and placing a few phone calls. I spent about half an hour looking, and 3 phone calls later, I had a pound!

rasselass

Lurker
Apr 3, 2014
Really my preference was always Condor,St.Bruno brands BUT i've been reading comments by anglesey(thanks) about Dunhill Nightcap and others about their experiences with Dunhill my mixture 965..so,i bought 2oz's of each and i have to say my preference would be Dunhill Nightcap,hard to believe,after a lifetime smoking pipes i've discovered NIghtcap is NOW my all day,everyday smoke,nothing comes near(up to now)...Good Luck..

Status
Not open for further replies.