PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Seems like it would be fairly easy for Amazon to prevent this cloning shit if they wanted to by using a Google Image Search type of check for photo dupes at the time a listing is submitted. (That thing is scary good... It even catches some modified pics.)

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
It's crazy the guy keeps them up. Is it the same seller profile or do they suspend them and the guy makes another?

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
eBay is vast. They probably get thousands of reports of fraud daily and aren't about to spend a lot of money on people to follow it all up. All the guy needs is a few gullible buyers to make it pay.
Anyway. he keeps putting them up and I keep shooting them down. At some point one or the other of us will move on, probably me. I can't feel too sorry for anyone who gets fooled by this guy. His criminality not subtle.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
He’s baaaaa-aaack. Here’s a current fraudulent listing
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F253268640479

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Yep. Thanks. Just reported it. eBay has taken down most of the ones that I've reported, but they take a while for get around to it. So if you folks come across one, report it. The more of a problem it becomes, the sooner eBay will make some effort to block this.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
This seller is my second cousin on my mothers side and is totally legit. Everyone knows you can buy a 1920's Pre Trans Barling in perfect shape for 20 bucks.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
sabble, had to take a family break, they were concerned after I had a third bout with blood clots. It took me a year for me to talk them into not believing everything you read about smoking. I am hanging in there health wise, thanks for asking my friend.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Maybe there should be a fraud of the week award.
Harris, FYI, foggymountain has had some health issues and has sold a number of his pipes and a wide selection of tobacco on Forums, but I think he is on a much more moderate pipe schedule and enjoys a bowl now and then, maybe in some of his smaller Dunhill princes. Peck is around but posting less. Welcome back.

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
You’re not kidding Sablebrush52. Determined! However, it feels like we’re getting the upper hand, but maybe that’s just because there’s at least a couple of us being vigilant. I’m still checking at least twice a day and have generally been finding one or none. That’s much better than the 4 or so I was seeing before.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I'm finding anywhere from 2 to 6 daily, but I shoot them down as fast as they pop up. He's often posting at about 1 AM Pacific time. The creep isn't giving up. Glad that you're still at it. eBay clearly doesn't give a tinker's damn. I wonder in how many other categories he's actively pursuing defrauding the gullible or greedy.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
What's his username? I will help shoot em down.
The user name varies with every listing. However, he's easy to spot immediately by setting up a search using the the following words, which I will PM you. I'm not publicly giving this POS any info on how we find him.
Just shot down two more a few minutes ago.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Probably some computer kid who wrote a routine---essentially a "submission bot"---that never stops. Meaning, I doubt it's just a pipes thing. If you knew what to look for, I imagine this shithead could be found all over eBay.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Ebay are scum sucking maggot's. They can obviously trace his IP address and ban him so why don't they? I think they like taking his money for listing fees(?) and then delete the auction once someone complains. If no one complains they allow the auction to continue?, they are complicit in his scumbaggery(I created a new word).

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
I'm pretty sure I heard a Marine say "scumbaggery" in a Jacksonville bar back in '74.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Yup, the real cigrmaster is back, alright, not just an imposter who nicked his boardname :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.