PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Yes unfortunately the 100 buck price difference over the PS4 is because of Kinect being included.
I have been an Xbox fan for the past 2 versions and I'm still wondering if maybe it's time to switch to PS.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Now get off my lawn ya young punk. lol
OK, I'll get off your lawn, but only to come in your house and stand in awe of your stash of Virginia delights!
-Jason

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Brew, how different is it going to be.
Holy cow this thread got busy in my absence. Anyway, my understanding is, based on a few industry prelminary reviews, that it is also heavier and the geometry is slightly different. Now, it you don't like the placement of the sticks, that hasn't changed drastically. To me, it's more a matter of getting used to something. PS controllers always felt fine to me, because they're what I used. When I pick up an Xbox controller, it feels wrong.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
We should have Gaming nights with pipes that would be ideal two great things combined into one but it needs to be at cigrmaster's house or Peck's cause only they have the crazy stash to support such an event lol.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Jason, you got a deal. I should say that I was a champ at Pong. I remember when my dad came home with it somewhere in the early 70's and we played it a lot. It was pretty amazing for it's time.
I bought my kids the latest greatest XBox with the Kinnect thingy about a year ago and they do use it quite a bit. It is connected to my 70" Sharp Aquos and the graphics are pretty cool. I have played the tennis game and Dance Central because I don't have to use a controller. When I watch my kids hitting button after button without looking, it amazes me. I could never do it.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
My 360 is running just fine and the fact the Xbox 1 isn't backward compatible will keep me on the 360 for sometime.
Harris I'll bring my copy of FIFA 13 with me.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I think I'll just keep playing my Xbox 360; I really don't care for the camera function stuff and I still have unlimited hours of enjoyment via Dragon Age, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, COD, Assasin's Creed, Battlefield, Borderlands and any other open play type game. Hell I played Red Dead Redemption for months and that was years ago. I'm sure I'veforgotten enough about it to play it again at the same level of enjoyment. I just hope the little addons to utilize services you already pay for comes to fruition. If so I may exist exclusively offline, on PC or handhelds. Hell that's how we spent our down time in Iraq.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
@teufelhund
That kinda thinking is actually really good it will save you more money for pipes and baccy lol but im the same way with my games i reply them all the time but i figured i would treat myself before i have a kid and get a PS4 while i still can lol and ill still have the PS3 for my kid once he/she is old enough haha

auspipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2012
Australia
Currently have PS3 and Xbox 360. Will probably go for the Xbox again, prefer the controller and have used that console alot more. Not sure about buying at launch though, might wait for a price cut.

ohiopuffer

Can't Leave
May 18, 2012
I am playing it safe I pre ordered both consoles :).Also both consoles are going to get The Elder Scrolls online so I am very excited.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Not a gamer. But my late wife's dad and his grandson couldn't get enough, playing video games

together. Gramps wasn't getting a computer, but they had the TV set-up. They'd play football,

golf, and war games by the hours. I could never tell who won, but neither was ever the least bit

discouraged. Gramps is gone now, but his grandson is a fine student, stellar athlete in soccer and

baseball, and I think will do well. Wants to be a Marine Corps lawyer.

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
Neither. I am a PC gamer all the way. I upgrade my processor and graphics card every few years to take advantage of the evolving technology.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
I have the Xbox pre ordered.. I have always been a huge xbox guy. I think because my two favorite games are halo and gears of war. I like the button layout and the feel of the controller a lot better for the xbox as well.

planetary

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 4, 2012
SF Bay Area
PS4, absolutely.
- Love the focus on small to medium titles, and indie support.

- Neither need nor want the the Xbone's TV features (fantasy football? honestly...), nor do I want a mandatory camera on my game system.

- The PS4 and Xbone controllers allegedly both feel fantastic -- this from people who have felt both and who preferred the 360 controller.

- Policies are overall more honest and consumer-friendly.

- Cheaper console, cheaper yearly cost.
After the crap Microsoft tried to pull, I hope Sony is the decisive victor in this coming generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.