PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Jason, I sucked at Asteroids and Pac Man and all those arcade games, now pinball was another story. I used to watch guys play Asteroids for ever on a quarter and I would be killed in under 3 minutes. I hated those things. lol
I did spend most of my college days playing foosball, I was real good at that.
Now get off my lawn ya young punk. lol

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
You're going to tell me that you never played asteroids in the arcade? I call bullish*t.

Galaga was my game.
I sucked at Asteroids and Pac Man and all those arcade games, now pinball was another story.

Me too.
Now I play my Pachinko machine... Just because it's noisy as hell. :D

Old picture of my Smokin' Hole, but my machine is on the wall next to the TV.
Smokinhole.jpg

meerqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2012
my favourite system is commodore 64 and amiga :) i have ps3 .I will buy ps4 when it is released. From technical points and price ps4 is on the top i must say ..

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
PS4... Mostly due to the $100 price difference. I really don't want to pay for a camera I don't even want to use... there is a reason I still don't own a kinect.

barleynbaccy

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Usually the gimmic stuff doesnt sell me, but I like the cable/sat box integration of the kinect. Mostly becuase im lazy. This isn't enough to make me run out and buy one day one though. Like I said, I get consoles to play with my friends that don't tend to play games a lot or are not big in the pc gaming market.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
i like how it doubles as a blue ray player
XB1 will also play blue-ray.
I had original PS, origianl xBox and have xBox 360. I prefer the xBox controller. The PS analog sticks being so close together hurt my hands after a while. I am 99% a COD player so the fact that xBox gets all COD DLC at least a month earlier is a big deal for me. The social side of it is a plus for me, most of my friends and family are in the xBox world.
I never pre-order systems. Just too many bugs when they first come out (Ring of Death any one?). I usually wait about a year for the major issues to work them selves out or until a major game comes out that isn't multi-gen friendly. The way it is looking the COD that comes out after COD Ghosts will probably nudge me to get one. At that point I will get the XB1. Until then COD BO2 and COD Ghosts will keep me busy.
gimmic stuff doesnt sell me, but I like the cable/sat box integration of the kinect
I wouldn't call cable/sat box integration a gimmic. That is a big deal and something people will actually use, unlike the kinnect. And that integration is a separate functionality from the kinnect.
The kinnect it self is a wonderful piece of technology, and one I consider way ahead of its time. At the time of initial release with xBox 360, it was a gimmic simply because motion integrated gaming just isn't in the gaming culture yet. However, people were taking the same kinnect you and I have in our houses and building robots that are helping with scientific research. It is actually saving many research programs millions of dollars of R&D and wasted time. The XB1 generation of the kinnect is really taking the gesture control everyone is doing with their mobile devices and ingraining them into everyday life. I am not so sure that will catch on but I like the idea.
Though I think the PS4 will be a great platform, I don't think they did anything different from the PS3 other then bump up the the PS3 with better hardware. I think MS is really pushing the edges and I want to see where it goes.
Things I would like to see from them all:

1) Cross platform playing / partying

2) Multi-gen Backwards compatible

3) Ability to expand memory storage at home and have system actively access data

4) Complete annihilation of P2P gaming, gets rid of all the damn cheaters'

5) Lag stabilization / compensation

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
XB1 will also play blue-ray.
I highly doubt Xbox will play bluray given that blue ray technology is owned by Sony. unless Sony sold them the rights it wont happen.
Things I would like to see from them all:

1) Cross platform playing / partying

2) Multi-gen Backwards compatible

3) Ability to expand memory storage at home and have system actively access data

4) Complete annihilation of P2P gaming, gets rid of all the damn cheaters'

5) Lag stabilization / compensation
1)Would be nice

2)They are making it so you can digitally purchase all previous games with you can do now on PS3

3)PS4 has an interchangeable 500gb SDD

4)Thats the developers problem

5)Pre loaded games no more wait times is what ps4 is promising
Sounds like you will be better off with a PS4 given that Microsoft already admitted that the Xbox One is nothing but a glorified Xbox 360 they even said that if you want the ability to sell your games then just buy a 360 this is a bad business move.
Im not hating just looking out for what you say you want and it seems that PS4 is the way to go. :wink:

barleynbaccy

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
I highly doubt Xbox will play bluray given that blue ray technology is owned by Sony
It's already listed on the hardware build spec. Blu-Ray won the war. A first for sony really.
There is still a mini disk player packed up somewhere in my boxes o crap I want to show my kids one day.
They can't have a console without Blu-Ray because it would cost way to much to be the only consumer of HD DVD. Now if they embraced full cloud and slapped a bigger HD in there they could in theory keep making the HD-DVD drives for backwards compatibility but that just adds to the cost.

lumberjakpipester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2012
they even said that if you want the ability to sell your games then just buy a 360 this is a bad business move
I think when they made that comment, they where actually talking about the "always online" or online "check-in" of the console. They did do a 180 on the subject and removed it, but it's too little, too late for me to buy into all that insane DRM stuff now, once bitten twice shy I guess. The fact that they try to pull that on the costumers made me loose all faith in the platform.

barleynbaccy

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
too late for me to buy into all that insane DRM stuff now
Like with all other things DRM is here and being slowly pushed on the population. Hell look at what EA gets away with. Im not defending it. Nor do I like it, but we aren't going to stop it.

lumberjakpipester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2012
Like with all other things DRM is here and being slowly pushed on the population. Hell look at what EA gets away with. Im not defending it. Nor do I like it, but we aren't going to stop it.
While I agree that DRMs are here to stay, I for one, will not give my money to those who abuse it.

It's no surprise Microsoft tried to cross that line, considering all the EA ex-employees involved in the development of the Xbox One, HUGE red flag right there.

barleynbaccy

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Either way we are going to have to set up a thread where members can post their screen names for systems or even steam. So we can play togeather.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
These days gaming systems are much more than just gaming systems. With Wi-Fi built in you can do a lot with them. You can watch youtube videos, get Netflix instant watch, and I also watch NHL Game Center live on my PS3 so I get to see all the hockey games that aren't shown locally and have the option or home/away feeds. Also, at least the PS3 has built in blue ray DVD as well. Gaming systems have come a long way since their inception.

meerqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2012
The most important highlight for Xbox1 is that you can not borrow any game from your friends and play it on your system because xbox1 wont allow it

barleynbaccy

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
The most important highlight for Xbox1 is that you can not borrow any game from your friends and play it on your system because xbox1 wont allow it
This wasn't true. You did however have to allow transfer of the DRM it wrote to your box to the next guys box. That is part of what we were talking about above. It creates a giant s-storm that no body wanted and that they back peddled on anyways.
Once again im not defending XBOX but there was misinformation put out in the form of generalizations. Can you borrow or buy used games? Yes, BUT... we will make it a giant pain in your ass to do so. EA has done this buy charging an access fee when you buy one of thier games used. If you want on the server to get updates and bug fixes or to play online your going to have to pay that fee. Where this fell apart was that offline only users would have to be online in order to recieve the DRM transfer.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
1)Would be nice

2)They are making it so you can digitally purchase all previous games with you can do now on PS3

3)PS4 has an interchangeable 500gb SDD

4)Thats the developers problem

5)Pre loaded games no more wait times is what ps4 is promising
2)Don't want to have to purchase games again I have already purchased, thus the need for backwards compatibility

3) So does xBox, the issues is if you fill up your storage you either have to change them out. xBox alos has the ability to connect an external hard drive, but it is a passive storage, meaning to use anything you have to move it to the main hard drive.

4) Not the developers problem. It is everyone's problem. Microsoft saw this as a problem, thus Halo is no longer P2P, they still ban cheaters on other games and can detect when a system is hacked, just to many to stop.

5) Pre-loaded games doesn't do anything when you care playing other players on-line.
Sounds like you will be better off with a PS4 given that Microsoft already admitted that the Xbox One is nothing but a glorified Xbox 360 they even said that if you want the ability to sell your games then just buy a 360 this is a bad business move.
Not hardly. I think you need to do your research as you are severely behind. Blue-ray has been speced on the XB1 since it was announced. My comment on bugs in new systems plays here too. When PS3 first came out, most who used it for Blue-ray movie watching burned them up. It wasn't until the 2nd gen PS3 came out that this problem was completely fixed.
xBox retracted on the inability to play used games policy and on the "always online" policy after the negative reactions. "Glofified Xbox 360" lol, show me who from xBox said that? I have seen plenty of PS fanboys (I think you fit the bill) say that. (Fanboy is not a bad thing)
I am not a fanboy of either. I think the whole console wars are ridiculous. Its not about which is better, as they are both great, but better for you as a gamer. I really hate the console specific franchises. It forces the issue to choose one side over the other. Part of the reason I really don't play Halo even though I have an xBox.

meerqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2012
@barley
You are right.Actually We are talking about the same thing.but microsoft always make things difficult.honestly i dont like any microsoft product including windows operating system :)

barleynbaccy

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
@meerqueen I agree we have to live with the beast. Xbox is just the org. thats in the lime light now. The Developers want this DRM stuff and system makers are falling in line. I can't blame them with piracy the way it is, but there are better ways to implement safe guards.

Status
Not open for further replies.