PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pandapiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2018
Sounds a bit like Sutliff Blacksburg, which has a pleasant jar note but like many Sutliff aromatics is a little on the wet side. I haven't had it in a while, but in the bowl it almost tasted like grape to me.

Reactions: danimalia

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
If I'm not mistaken, and I sometimes am. The old Three Nuns owed some of it's remarkable taste and aroma to a prune casing or top note or some sort of involvement with prune juice.

Mike S.
My best guess is that I smoked 3Nuns during the Imperial stage. The topping, perhaps prune, was ambrosial. But like so other great tobaccos, I put it in rotation instead of a concentration.

Missed out.

• Sad
Reactions: anotherbob

rajangan

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 14, 2018
Edmonton, AB
I have never seen nor heard of tobacco drippings. Is this something I'm missing out on, or was this posted in fun?
If you steep, or press high case tobacco, you get juice. Theoretically, you can apply this juice to another tobacco. Some questionable cigar makers apply this juice to wrapper leaf to make a supposed maduro or oscuro. You'll know when your lips turn brown.

I knew that the cigarette industry squeezed the juices to re-case their tobaccos with exact tars and nicotine doses, but I have never pressed tobaccos. I don't think I've ever rehydrated my tobaccos with enough liquids to make a juice if pressed.

I've tasted a prune-ish flavor in pure tobacco before, but I think that a lot of companies add sugars in the casing which may hasten this flavor. I've always thought that the weird flavor in Royal Yacht was from an artificial prune flavoring that may have been added to make RY taste more like a real VaPer in the beginning, but somewhere over the years the formula fell out of synch with the tobaccos that were available to make RY, and we were left with that weird flavoring in Royal Yacht.

Status
Not open for further replies.