PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

andre3s

Lurker
Dec 7, 2020
Chambly, QC
Hi friends,

Recently I got an aromatic blend from my local tobacco store. It has a delicious smell of prune and when I manage to keep the smoke cooler, I can feel the taste of prune as well.

Does the smell/taste come from the tobacco itself? Or is it generated by a casing/topping process?

Yesterday I smoked this blend with my Lorenzetti Julius Ceasar and it was really delicious. puffy

Thanks!

rajangan

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 14, 2018
Edmonton, AB
As a homegrower, I am convinced prune aroma comes from the tobacco itself, specifically with flue cured (bright Virginia) which has been kilned. I don't know what compound is responsible, but I would suspect it to be some sort of product of maillard reaction, or caramelization.

You can enhance that smell, I'm sure, by adding something. I don't know what.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
As a homegrower, I am convinced prune aroma comes from the tobacco itself, specifically with flue cured (bright Virginia) which has been kilned. I don't know what compound is responsible, but I would suspect it to be some sort of product of maillard reaction, or caramelization.

You can enhance that smell, I'm sure, by adding something. I don't know what.
Like Dunhill tobaccos where they take the fermented tobacco juice drippings and reapply to the tobacco itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.