PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I'd like to get in front of this. I have a tub of PA I'm willing to sell for a measly $800. Dont let an opportunity like this get away. It'll soon be Prince Albert who?

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
"As I did a search for more info on PA, I did notice that ALL other talk online about this, only stems from this one thread. Maybe it will take some time for the facts to come out."
I am only basing it on what I was told by 2 customer service reps at online vendors, not on any information directly from the manufacturer. This would be a great time for Russ to show up and help us out with some insider info!

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
I think this is just the next phase of a long process.
Middleton (aka Altria aka Philip Morris) killed a load of old time pipe blends a few years ago. Kentucky Club, Walnut and Sugar Barrel were just the first to bite the dust. And Prince Albert will not be the last...

cohibajoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
I just got off the phone with P&C customer service. I was informed that Prince Albert was being discontinued, and that was why they've been out of the 1.5 oz. pouches for a while. Sad day for me, but at least I have a 2 or 3 pounds stashed away. Hard to see another icon go by the wayside.

SP has 265 1.5oz pouches.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
SP, P&C, and WV Smokeshop all have the cans in stock, too (not that it tastes the same as the pouches).

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
You give 'em hell, alde', that'll by-God teach 'em! :)
Seriously, this is a stunner. I don't smoke it, never have, but I never watched Seinfeld either, & yet I know it was a classic to many. [hand over heart] Farewell, sweet Prince, & may flights of angels sing thee to thy rest. :(

blackadderlxx

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2018
This is hard to believe. I've never had it, and probably never will, but for my entire life this was the first thing I thought of when I thought of pipe tobacco.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Hey, just ain't normally in my spectrum. Never got into the habit. Yeah, yeah, I know: "No Seinfeld for you!"
Huge 3rd Rock & House fan, though!

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
If the old codger blends fade, we may be left with corn silk and yard mulch.
Supply and demand. Seems 'round here everybody smokes a pipe, but out there..... nobody even knows, or much less cares, about a few ol' diehards livin' in the 50's.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I just researched this. I have no info that says PA is discontinued. I don't know where our rep got this information, but to the best of my knowledge, it isn't true. Aldecaker, could you please PM me or email me at russo@pipesandcigars.com? I need to find out who spoke to you.
Russ

Whether true or not, this post has definitely made a splash on the internet, according to Google searches. This thread is sited in at least six Facebook posts on various pipe pages there, and I found a whole bunch of posts on a site called Reddit that sites this one, and a few other forums site this one. It seems that this post has made the rounds and inspired many other social medias. Blind panic has ensued, ha ha.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
If everyone starts hunting Prince Albert, maybe some Dunhills and Esotericas slip under the radar. They ARE kind of passé now PA's the new black, don't you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.