PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipetrucker

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
Couldn't edit my post for some reason, so here goes again. (Just delete the other one Lawrence)
I ride a hog...
hillbillypig.gif

wannafly34

Might Stick Around
Jul 7, 2011
That Duc is sick! Ive always likes Ducatis, even though I'm not much of a sport bike guy. I helped a previous boss pick out a lovely 1098S...black with the red trellis. He was sweet! He was previously a gixxer rider, and now he's a convert. He would've bought the 1098R, but they didn't have one in stock.

Of course, he did have more dollars than sense ;)

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
My last three bikes were all Honds VFR750's ...first one was a 97

vfrAvatar.jpg

my son borrowed it, crashed it, then I converted it to all CBR F4i bodywork

P1010696.jpg

next two were 93 models.

93vfrpic7.jpg

93vfrpic6.jpg

SNC13776.jpg

Now I've got a brand new left-over 2003 Cannondale X440 mx bike with 48HP, EFI, electric start, Ohlins Suspension, titanium exhaust..gonna sell it in it's showroom condition to concentrate on kart racing.

P1030786.jpg

P1030776.jpg

mike68

Might Stick Around
Jul 25, 2011
@ Kevin! That bike would be awesome except for the tassles, a little childish don't you think? :wink:

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
@ Kevin! That bike would be awesome except for the tassles, a little childish don't you think
Have you seen how many Cruisers have tassles on them? I don't get it myself, kinda reminds me of what Pee Wee Herman would ride, but they think they are cool and stylish, so whatever floats their boat. :cry:

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
smokingdragon, that Diavel will be my next bike!!!
Diavel-Carbon_2011_Amb_R_02_[1920x1280].mediagallery_output_image_[750x423].png

That is assuming I can never come up with the $55K needed for the Trirod
trirod.jpg

Check this out : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrMkf4sdhmc
Like you I'd also like a Spyder but I need to go ride one. From what I understand, they are too much like a snowmobile, leaning outwards in turns rather than in.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I think fringe and conchos on on motorcycles and gear should be banned. Whenever I see a man in fringed jacket and leather chaps, I ask him where the cop, the construction worker and the indian are.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I think fringe and conchos on on motorcycles and gear should be banned. Whenever I see a man in fringed jacket and leather chaps, I ask him where the cop, the construction worker and the indian are.
Exactly, I don't get the cheap chrome studs all over the imitation leather bags and them f*#king white walls....again, where is Pee Wee Herman? White wall tires are like having on a black suit and having high wader pants and white socks blinding everyone...just looks fugly.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
bought bike #15 last week on CL, but instead of just needing a new piston like the guy told me, after removing the top end I found out the whole bottom end is wiped out. :crying: So back on CL it goes.

P1030900.jpg

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Baron, I forgot about your motorcycle thread till this evening. Your America is a good looking Triumph. I just became a Triumph owner last fall and would have gotten a cruiser but I've ridden Yamaha and Honda cruisers for 20 years and wanted something different with some old school style just not Harley style. (Nothing against HD all my friends ride them) When I saw the Scrambler it was love at first sight and it is the best machine I have ever ridden. It works equally well on dirt roads, Highway or quick blasts around town. Kind of funny how much smoking pipes are like bikes. They both come in all shapes and sizes and we all have our favorites.

007-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

0083.jpg

031.jpg

adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
Mike, I must admit that thing is completely badass. It's a real change from the typical bikes you see, but at the same time has a style that is hands-down old school classic. I mean CLASSIC like a 1957 Chevy is to a car. What a ride. I like the flat black as well, gives it a military feel. Thumbs up man

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Hey thanks alot guys. It's an amazing bike I can't wait to get it out. It's been in the 60's here in Ohio but it's sitting in the garage with stabil in the tank so just have to get out there and drain that gas and put some fresh in. I've been seeing bikes out on the road the last couple of weeks because it's been so warm and its giving me the itch for sure.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
That Scrambler is GORGEOUS!!! baron knows I want a Bonneville in flat black. Here's the only bike I've ever actually owned though, my first car, rode it for three years, rain or shine, an '83 Suzuki GS300L, the biggest bike I could get my parents to buy for me:
Suzuki.jpg

My dream bike would be this $20,000 Steve McQueen Bonneville though:
Bonneville.jpg

Lots of gorgeous bikes on this thread, thanks for bumping it.

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
Here is my motorcycle/scooter........ It is in stealth mode! (Code for flat black) It's a 400cc Yamaha and is the perfect size for comfort and fuel mileage.
photo-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.