Please Recommend A Mower, Not Briggs & Strat.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

3 Fresh Becker Pipes
18 Fresh Rossi Pipes
6 Fresh Eltang Basic Pipes
12 Fresh Ser Jacopo Pipes
24 Fresh Estate Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

lawmax3

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2013
I have had great luck with the B&S engines, but I do keep them well maintained.

My Lawn tractor mows aprox. 5 acres each week during the mowing season.

tbradsimm1 is spot on with what he said about water being used to clean the deck. DO NOT DO IT!

Keep the buildup under the deck and around the spindle pulleys cleaned by hand and airhose and keep close check on the air filter.

My latest Mower is a Husqvarna GTH 24V52LS with a Kawasaki engine. Four years so far with no engine issues.

This mower has a thicker than normal deck and was a selling point for me.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
It's true that the ethanol in today's fuel is very problematic for small engines.
Yeah, they make it very clear and give caution NEVER to use any gasoline that is higher than 10% ethanol. As far as I’m concerned the most important thing is PM (preventative maintenance). Most people simply store their lawnmower, and or snow blower in the shed/garage after each season without any thought whatsoever and then expect them to start without any hitch whatsoever when they are needed the following season.
Although I use a fuel stabilizer in the gas I’m a firm believer in not keeping the gas any longer than a few months. At the end of each season I make sure that no gas remains in the mower/snow blower engine and also drain all of the oil and replace with new oil. I then remove the spark plug and clean the electrodes with a wire brush, or replace with a new one if needed. Before I place the spark back I pour about a tablespoon of oil in the cylinder. After doing so, and before I place the wire back on the plug I give the engine about two slow pulls on the cord to distribute the new oil and it’s all set for storage. You obviously take care of maintenance on your car engine and a small 4 cycle engine on a mower or snow blower needs the same care.

Status
Not open for further replies.