Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I've been eagerly anticipating posting in this thread.
It was over a month ago that Romeowood came up with the idea to write an article on this topic.
So, while we weren't inspired to write the article because of this thread, it is quite a pleasant coincidence that this topic came up and has received so much eager participation.
Continued here ...

Mar 31, 2014
Kevin: Fantastic! I'll have to give that the attention it deserves when I get home. What a happy coincidence!
Edgreen: I only discouraged photos so people wouldn't post photos of their own pipes, which you could argue as "art." Those you posted are great! And it's nice to see some mediums other than paint/pastels.

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
Some sculpture for today
GD0146_fisherman_stool_smoking_pipe_bronze_garden_statue.jpg
moscow-sculpture-park05.jpg
08-Pipe-Smoking-Man-Italian-Artist-Pietro-DAngelo-Paper-Clips-Sculptures-www-designstack-co.jpg
61-03.jpg
mammoth_ivory_DIM_6115_big.JPG
mf_AFPBoV8pR9BeLgViXqAw.jpg
5666101-african-traditional-statuette-of-an-old-man-smoking-a-pipe-from-gabon.jpg

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
I look forward to this every day. Seeing what's new on this thread.
edgreen idk how you keep finding these, but they are wonderful!

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
Great set of photos. I saw the Mark Twain. It's darn near a perfect picture of him, capturing much of his personality.

curl

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 29, 2014
while this ain't art, at least it's a book about a pipe guy...
http://www.amazon.com/The-Hangmans-Daughter-Oliver-P%C3%B6tzsch-ebook/dp/B003P9XMFI
the hangman's daughter is actually the first in a series that i have enjoyed.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
That one photo edgreen just posted is pretty odd. You know the one I'm talking about.
Guy in top photo should trade pipes with guy in photo below him. Symmetry damn it! Symmetry!

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
I got nothing left. It's up to somebody else to continue now. If nothing else, this thread should make a nice screensaver.

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
edgreen, I personally can't thank you enough for all your efforts on this thread. It has been an absolute joy to get on here every day and see what cool pipe related art you have found. I have no idea how you were able to find so much, but bravo my friend .. BRAVO!
And thanks to all those other members who posted art on this thread, and a very special thanks to claypipesarchaeologist who had the foresight and class to come up with this wonderful thread.
This thread should be a sticky

Status
Not open for further replies.