PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
Feel that way about my Brigham, after I removed the filter insert it has a great draw and smokes easy and cool.

Uguccione

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2024
Italy
Idem. No pipe which was initially disappointing, but then made me change my mind. In fact, time has only made things worse.
Instead, the opposite happened to me: pipes that I seemed to like, in the long run, made me tired.

Everything ended up in the flea market.

Mar 8, 2024
Alaska
Yes. I aquired a King Erik pipe as part of an estate lot. It was "extra", and not why I was buying the lot. So it didn't see much use.
Until I opened an aged tin of GLP Telegraph Hill. I was smoking the blend in all my favorites, and just getting so-so results. So I decided to try it in this pipe, what do I have to lose.
And it was fabulous. So much better in this pipe. And now I love it and use it often.
View attachment 291284
That is a gorgeous pipe

• Love
Reactions: yanoJL

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I've had pipes that after a certain amount of time I didn't find enjoyable to smoke, so I got rid of them. However, there have been a few that smoked fine but I just didn't like the looks that much, so I changed their looks to one that I liked.
Here's an example of that: This Park Lane pipe which I believe was made by GBD for a tobacco shop of the same name, had a really lousy sandblast finish on it. It bothered me enough so that I took some sand paper to it and with a little polishing changed it to a GBD Granitan type of finish.
016CFEAF-991C-4270-937D-5AAAFD77D2BF_1_201_a.jpegCA403F71-BAA1-4C89-8293-1279E7725470_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited: