PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
I used to use regular Brigham, but they shed way too much fluff and they're thick enough that it's a pain in some of my pipes, especially the mid-smoke cleaning when everything gets tighter.

I find the BJ Long regulars absorb just as much, but pass easier and shed less fluff, so I have been using those. They do bend easier than the Brigham ones, but I'd prefer they bend too easy than to shed too much and not bend easy enough or be hard to pass.

I'm going to have to give some of these others that have been mentioned a test.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
These are my current preferred cleaners -
The BBB London Fleece Cleaners are super absorbent and hardly shed fluff.
Likewise the Stanwell Extra Thin high absorbent ones.

Both from The Danish Pipe Shop
7A10DF58-ACAF-4222-99F6-7C36A7FF77EC.jpeg

G

Gimlet

White elephant and Vauen are the best I've used, when I can get them. I can buy Sarome and Savinelli locally but the Savinellis I've bought recently were too thick. I could barely get them through the mouthpiece on some of my pipes and the wire snapped easily when they kinked and left half a cleaner stuck in the stem. Conversely the Saromes seem to have got thinner and shed a lot of lint.

White Elephant are more consistent and I use the bristled ones for deep cleans. I don't like their 9 mm filters so much but their cleaners are good. As are most things Vauen.

nathaniel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 4, 2011
Y'all actually use pipe cleaners? 🤣
Just kidding. But I live where aside from craft cleaners i cant get any. So i just swap the bowl with a paper towel and blow through tje stem anf wipe off the tenon end. I only use cleaners every few months when doing a thorough clean.

Reactions: UB 40

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
I've been working through a large case of Brighams for awhile.

Happy with the stiffness (not likely to kink).
They sometimes shed a bit, but not to a degree that's a deal breaker for me. Almost always a quick blow through the stem clears any fluff.

But I'm not married to them. When I finish this case I'll check back with this thread before deciding whether to re-order the Brighams.