PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbee

Might Stick Around
Sep 10, 2012
After the discussion on Semois, I was wondering what is your pipe-related bucket list and why?

What is a bucket list? People you would like to meet, places you would like to visit, activities you would like to do, tobacco you would like to smoke, pipes you would like to own or behold, ... before you pass your PAD and TAD collection to the next generation.
The obvious things like filling your pipe rack with pipes or cellaring and aging enough tobacco can be omitted
On my list:

Visit the Peterson factory and shop in Dublin and meet T. Palmer - I'm a big petefan

Meet some of the blender gods (Pease, Ouelette, Jensen, ...) - I spend quiet some time with their products

Meet B. Levine - I have spent more than 200 hours with him talking to me, it's time to have a real discussion with him :)

Participate in a slow smoking contest - just out of curiosity

Make the pipe pilgrimage to the Country Squire - besides with Brian, CSR is also in the rotation of podcasts

Visit LJ Peretti in Boston - iconic pipe shop

Own the Peterson pipe book when it releases - again big fan

Own a birth year golden Peterson - the pinnacle of pipe ownership imho

Fully color one of my meers - for obvious reasons

Behold the collection of tobacco and pipes of Peck in real life - to shed a tear of happiness
Already done:

Visit V. Manil, producer of Semois

Visit Iwan Ries, oldest tobacconist in the US

Own a Peterson deluxe birth year pipe in m favorite shape (3s)
Looking forward to your pipe dreams

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
I have no such appetites, just content with my cobs, Captain black and Carter Hall, the rest is just gravy :puffpipe:

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
I feel that my pipe dreams may be fairly modest.
Own a commissioned pipe.

Attend the Chicago Pipe show.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
A Rattray's Shape 49 Zulu, a Sav 320, and some cuttys are on my "someday" PAD list, but I don't know if that really qualifies as bucket list material.

hmhaines

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 5, 2016
CT
Smoke some Perique with Mark Ryan

Comission a pipe

(Like you) Color a Meer

The tour of LaPoche perique factory gave me the opportunity to meet and talk with some big names, Stokkebye, the Missouri Meershcaum factory owner, Russ Oelette, and at the pipe show, Brian Levine, some of our pipe makers from here, etc... much of what I would have posted was wiped out in one weekend.

I've also met some pipemakers at The Briary, Nording, Bjarne, Luigi Viprati, Todd Johnson, and a bunch of others that I don't mean to dismiss as any less significant. Sorry guys.
I would still love to meet Greg Pease, and Mike from McClelland.

I too would like to own and color a meer

Visit some pipe shops in Denmark, Austria, Germany...

Visit one of the barns where they fire the Kentucky

Visit whatever they fire Latakia in

Maybe visit one that used to fire Syrian, eh, maybe...

That Semois place sounds cool

I did a bicycle tour of the Netherlands back in college. I would like to do a pipe centered tour on my bike again.
I'm sure reading everyone else's lists will give me more ideas also.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Heck yeah. I'd like to meet Russ O. and G.L. Pease someday, as well as the other renowned blenders mentioned in this thread. If I could have a drool-guard (because I would drool) it would be great to tour epic production centers like C&D, D&R, and of course see the P&C warehouse as long as there is not a body cavity check.
But really... I'd like to meet a lot of the members of this forum and go through a half-pound of Old Joe Krantz with the, as well as evangelizing The Metal Mixtures of course. Also since many classic death metal bands have members who are now smokers, I'd like to do a death metal pipe tour.
Oh and I want to go drinking with Arno although I think I'll die.

I want to own a pipe tobacco farm in the NC mountains, where guys can come and stay weekends or weeks at a time, with pipe making workshops, blending workshops, with guest artisans and tobacconists. There would be tobacco barns, and woods for lunting about. Old timey general store, with plug cutter, shredders, and old extinct blends to try, with lots of rocking chairs on a huge porch, and a huge fire place inside for winter visitors. Heck, maybe make it a pipe smokers retirement community.
And stuff for wives to do... whatever that is.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Barns where they fire Kentucky. Damn! I was a hundred yards from one at my sister's house near Rabbit Hash, KY, and only peeked in when I was a kid. Now wish I could go back, sniff, feel the curing leaves, and talk to the farmers. Maybe one day.....

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
An F&T canted stack or a comoys pebble grain Canadian. Along with a tin of gallahers rich dark honeydew, just one more tin of that & I'd die contended.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
I would love to meet Kino and Roberto Ascorti! I would like to add a Castello Collection 55 to my collection! I have a dream of some day working with Russ Oulette and creating a new blend!

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
I want to own a pipe tobacco farm in the NC mountains, where guys can come and stay weekends or weeks at a time, with pipe making workshops, blending workshops, with guest artisans and tobacconists. There would be tobacco barns, and woods for lunting about. Old timey general store, with plug cutter, shredders, and old extinct blends to try, with lots of rocking chairs on a huge porch, and a huge fire place inside for winter visitors. Heck, maybe make it a pipe smokers retirement community.

I am booking tickets now
Isaac

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
I want to meet and get moderately drunk with...
Marty Pulvers

Greg Pease

Mike and Mary

Russ

Ryan Alden

Mark Tinsky

And a fair number of you folks

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Your list made me realize how fortunate I have been. I don't have a bucket list per say, but having met and spoken with Brian Levine, Eric Nording, JD and Beau from the Country Squire, I feel lucky. Along with knowing some of the finest pipe smoking gentlemen like The old Cajun, Cosmic and Shaintiques doesn't hurt either.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Well if that's not a crazy question filled with endless possibilities. Off the top of my head I would like to attend the Chicagoland Pipe Show, and if it was in my means I would love to own Lee Van Cleef's meerschaum pipe from the movie "For a Few Dollars More."

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
Ok, I will correct myself, I have always admired Cutty pipes, one day I will have something like these, just not sure yet
Orlik
orlik-zulu-600x369.jpg

Ropp

s-l1600.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.