PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
I have 6 of these inexpensive black fake leather pipe socks I bought locally and use them with this zippered canvas two compartment bag which is great for trips. It's actually a camera/accessory bag. It will hold up to 4 pipes with plenty of room for tins in the side compartment.
pipebag2-600x552.jpg

pipebag1-600x509.jpg

leacha

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
Durham, Can you recall the make/brand of that camera bag? That looks perfect for weekend getaways (not that I'll have any with the new baby).

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Leachna: Check your local Walmart,etc for an inexpensive SLR camera bag ($30 or so). I used one before getting my Smokin' Holsters bag. It has removable dividers with velcro attachment points. Holds four pipes in socks. I'd sell it cheap, pm me if interested.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
When I go out I use my Sheffield pipe brief case to protect my pipes. If I am bringing more than the 7 it carries then I will use my Rad Davis pipe socks as they are a nice thick leather and I put the extra pipes in the briefcase.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
The only "pipe bag" I've received with a purchase was the Ziploc baggie that my Missouri Meerschaum grab bag came in... :lol:
If you really want a nice pipe bag or ten, grab a sewing awl with some coarse thread, scissors, and a sheet of thin goathide (thin, pliable hide of another animal will do) and make a few. Takes very little skill and is cheaper than you would expect. That's what I used to do for D&D dice bags.
I should do this - I've got some garment-weight leather left over from another project. I make my dice bags out of chainmail these days - which wouldn't do the pipes any good, I'm afraid.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Mario Grandi makes some pretty nice pipe bags, but like most have said, pipe bags really aren't for long term transport, they are like the wrapping on a box. If you want a bag buy a nice leather pipe tote. I got mine on ebay for like 25 bucks, holds 4 pipes, lots of tobacco, pipe tool, pipe cleaners, and lighters. Everything I need is right there, pipes are safe, and I don't leave home without it.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I've been using this Saddleback Leather satchel. I like that it can sit up with the flap open and not fall over. I can easily fit a half dozen tins and another half dozen pipes, along with lighter, tamper, pipe cleaners, etc.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
This guy makes some great bags and socks.
http://www.smokinholsters.com/Pipe%20Socks%20and%20Walkabouts.html
Harris: That Sheffield case looks perfect.
+1 on the Smokin Holsters bags, but crazy expensive. I'm not sure that I'd pay the $400 asking price for the "Urban Pipe Bag" but construction is first rate. I lucked out and found one on Ebay for $100. It holds six pipes, four tins of tobacco and accessories. I can put two-three more pipes in the middle in pipe socks. It's overkill, but I couldn't resist at that price. Tough cowhide on the exterior (this thing weighs 2 lbs empty) and buttery soft deerskin inside. I use this one for vacation travel and pipe clubs.

I use this four pipe Ehrlich bag occasionally, but it only holds my smaller pipes (so good for travel) An Ebay find.

phil22

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 19, 2013
I use a leather Dopp bag for traveling with pipes. Lots of the larger discount retail stores sell them for $20 or less. They make perfect pipe travel bags. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.