PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Pete's have been around since 1865, so they must be doing something right. I love the three Pete's I have. All are entry level Aran's, but they still smoke very well. A good draw and well balanced. I would never think of you as a snob Jim. I've never heard you bash another pipe just because it wasn't a Peterson. I'm looking myself, to start a collection of Peterson's and it's not because I don't like other brands. I have a Brindisi that smokes very well and a Butz-Choquin that I like a lot, and I also intend on getting a Savinelli Caramella eventually. The reason I'm looking to start a Pete collection is because I like how they smoke and I love the look of them as well. I love your posts about what's new with Peterson Jim. Keep the informative and enjoyable posts about Peterson coming.

nabottle

Can't Leave
Apr 27, 2011
Although I am new to pipe smoking, I have wanted Petersons for years. So my first pipe was a Peterson, and now I have 2 Petersons. My heritage is Celtic, so that probably played a part in my interest initially. Now as I am learning more and more about pipe smoking, my interest is greater than ever. Maybe one day I'll have an impressive collection. I always look forward to Jim's posts. I have a lot of respect for him.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
The thing I like about my Donegal Rocky Petersons is that you don't have to be careful with them. Just throw in a pack, or in pocket with the keys, and they come out looking like new. Can't do that with a $500 Dunhill Bruyere. Petersons are built like little tanks that can take the heat!

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I love my Donegal Rocky too, it is one of my favorites. However, when it comes to constantly good quality I am slowly becoming a Stanwell collector - I have had no bad experiences with them.

htmn246

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 11, 2010
one third of my colection are Pets so rant one and let us learn more. all pipes are good some better than others regardless of brand.

thesandpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2010
What a pleasant surprise! I had forgotten all about this post.Obviously it is over 6 months since first it went up.

To my mind it epitomises the great spirit and is evidence of the marvellous camaraderie which is in abundance on this great forum.

The affirmation of so many members to my weakness for the Peterson brand is very satisfying.Thank you guys,it is much appreciated.

Kindest regards

Jim

punkpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2011
I got my first peterson last week, around the day I joined here. it may be an entry level pipe yes, but it is head and shoulders above what many make. What I love about peterson is that they produce pipe that will suit anyone, given patience. They come in variations of colour, design, mouthpiece that allows you to find something to match yourself. my local B&M were so very helpful in my choicemaking, since they opened their display and allowed me to choose anything I thought would suit me. the price was no object and the one I chose reasonable. They cater to both novices like me and the experienced smoker. I'll take them over dunhill any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.