Recent Posts

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Country Squire Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

photoman13

Preferred Member
Mar 30, 2012
I'm pretty sure if you buy them off of lowes.com and have it site to store shipping they are half off right now.

lankfordjl

Preferred Member
Sep 29, 2011
Texas
Here's another picture to compare. (MacBaren vanilla cream takes me forever to use, since I mainly smoke English blends; it will be in the jar later today.)

gnatjulio

Preferred Member
Mar 22, 2012
Those are the jars that I use for my bulk flake tobacco. I've got to find more for my PS bullseye flake.

lankfordjl

Preferred Member
Sep 29, 2011
Texas
Here's the filled jar. I had smoked maybe 5 bowls of the vanilla cream already. It filled with only a little pressure and not quite to the rim of the jar. I made a stick-on label from the MacBaren Tin for the top.

lankfordjl

Preferred Member
Sep 29, 2011
Texas
So...after thinking about it...I'd say these jars hold a max of 4 ounces of tobacco (that includes pressing it down).

portascat

Preferred Member
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
In any case, with a little shopping between craft shops, walmart, hardware stores, and dollar shops, one can find a variety of inexpensive screw and bail type glass jars. I even found some for my wife, that are press fit with a rubber plug gasket that work just fine.

lankfordjl

Preferred Member
Sep 29, 2011
Texas
Just found that Lowes had these for $1.89! But, the Lowes in my area are out! If you're interested, check online in by your zip code:
http://www.lowes.com/pd_37582-55287-1440061162_0__?productId=3384816&Ntt=ball+jars&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dball%2Bjars&facetInfo=

gmwolford

Preferred Member
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Now that's a deal, $1.89/4! But every Lowe's within 25 miles of me is sold out. Always a day late and dollar short…

ghost

Preferred Member
May 17, 2012
hmmm I wonder where I can find those in the great white north... I'd be interested in some haha
Hey Vin, Crappy Tire has these...
http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/8/KitchenBath/Canning/JarsLids/PRD~0423197P/Bernardin+Jar%2C+250+mL%2C+4-pk.+Ball.jsp?locale=en
...plus some funky looking spice jars that may work too.

hunter

Sep 9, 2012
Canada
I was just about to suggest CT but you beat me to it, they always have a ton of jars and containers. I'm going to head there tomorrow, I know what to add to the shopping list!

sjpipesmoker

Preferred Member
Apr 17, 2011
I love those short jars... The wide mouths makes it easier for loading pipes...
Does anyone know if they make the wide mouths in 8 or 16oz's??

mrenglish

Preferred Member
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I use these as well. My local Wal Mart has them for $3.97 per 4 pack. They work great for stuff that gets smoked regularly, semi-regularly or samples. The only drawback is they do not stack well when left on a shelf.

kckijana

Oct 2, 2012
Agreed on the stacking problem, they slide like pucks on ice. I put some rubber cement on the bottom which helps somewhat. Gluing something else like felt or a rubber ring (the grey flat doughnut type) is probably the best solution if your jars are stacked without containment.

lankfordjl

Preferred Member
Sep 29, 2011
Texas
@mrenglish
I just make labels with Microsoft Word. (1) I find an image online. (2)Draw a 3 inch white circle over the area of the image that I want to be the "background" of the label (the white circle will be my cut out line). (3) Insert Word Art within the circle to make the lettering/label I want. (4) Print the Image on Sticky back paper (5) Cut it out and stick on the lid.

Status
Not open for further replies.