Recent Posts

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lankfordjl

Preferred Member
Sep 29, 2011
Texas
I thought I'd share these. They are nearly the exact size of a tin (flat and rounded square sides); each holds 8 oz (but probably 4-5 oz of tobacco). The cost was $7.80 for 4 Ball jars. They have a standard wide mouth lid with seal. My idea was to transfer a tin of tobacco into a jar to keep it air tight - I'm slow at using up a tin once I open it (i.e. the tobacco dries out before I get around to finishing it).

taerin

Preferred Member
May 22, 2012
Wall-mart only had the standard sized ones, not those extra wide ones. I love those though.

kasbah

Oct 26, 2012
Ugh, and I just bought a case of Ball mason jars... Great find, that is an awesome proportion.

vinvin

Oct 1, 2012
hmmm I wonder where I can find those in the great white north... I'd be interested in some haha

hawk60ce

Preferred Member
Jun 11, 2012
Nice! Those would make them easier to fill a pipe and not spill every where.

captainbob

Preferred Member
Oct 5, 2010
I use these specific jars all the time to move tobacco from one-pound C&D tins to these jars for travel. They are great. I bought mine online. Don't remember where from. But, I have a lot of them. Great for weekend travel and to-and-fro, for the office, where I keep a few full-at-hand all of the time! (Forget that it is illegal to moke my pipe in my insurance agency office which I own!) Please don't turn me in.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That size looks pretty handy, and we just had a Hobby-Lobby open a few minutes from the house. I'll check it out.
Are you saying they will hold 8 ounces of tobacco or a tin (usually 2 oz)? They look pretty small to hold 8 ounces.

gmwolford

Preferred Member
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
I saw those a week or so ago and thought the same thing ... but I got distracted and forgot to get them. :crazy:

kasbah

Oct 26, 2012
Not a bad thing. I use them, too. Will hold about 4 oz. without packing them tight
Indeed. 4oz fit splendidly in them, I've even fit 6oz tightly without a struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.