PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
I've had my '97 Jeep for about five years and have done many modifications but only a few minor repairs. The only time it left me stranded was a bad fuel pump. This isn't a mall crawler and has never been pampered since it came into my possession :mrgreen:
win_20151213_151555-600x337.jpg

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
But most of all, I miss MLC (Troy)'s posts........... Probably the most enthusiastic, knowledgeable, entertaining dude on here ever! I (we?) learned so much from him, his posts were epic. A true treasure to these pages. Troy was PASSIONATE about his tobacciana history, he placed historical correctness over corporate greed, and his passion was his undoing................ I admire a guy like that!....... :puffy:
Spot on! +1,2&3!
I'm trying to remember what MLC label was, it certainly wasn't "Member". Seems like Tobacciano Officinato, or somthing like that.
Is there really no way to get the pertinent parties envolved in some kind of meeting or powwow where they can talk, reason, apologize, and forgive?
Yes! Where the hell is numbersix? Another entertaining and informative member!

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Oh, right! This is a Jeep thread now. I had a '95 Cherokee that I used to take my son wheeling in. He was 3 and I had his carseat upfront with all the straps and stuff so he didn't shake apart. We had so much fun!
My brother has a Cherokee now. Jeeps are just... well they are just, 'Murica!!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
After the loss of two close pipe friends in the last year having a couple of guys cycle through a pipe board isn't that all that bad. [8O]
Well said, it's all about perspective. Last summer, we had a death in the family and a family members dog was killed in a short time period. When I gave the dog news to my 96 year old father, he said "I'm sad for dead dogs, but I mourn lost family members".
I hear from member "neverbend" occasionally, off-line. He's had some particularly challenging life issues and he currently doesn't participate in my public forums. I hope time will heal his wounds and allow his return.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yeah, I miss peck and his unpredictable humor. From his upscale refurbished out-building, I surmise his legal career is very successful, so I'd guess he's involved in some high level litigation that is keeping him off Forums, though I doubt it's keeping him away from his pipes, many of which are enviable artisanal workes.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
gamespipecgb.jpg

I miss this guy. One of my motives for breaking years of silent lurking was so I could ask him questions. His threads were amazing! (As long as we're honoring the absent, I miss pstlpkr/Lawrence and Dunendain/Mick's posts while things were growing here. At least Cortez is still around ... :wink: )
No new wisdom here; forum populations cycle, like pubs and college towns and the cast of MASH. Boy ... there are folks and interchanges from three or four computing forums in the early 2000s I think about sometimes.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Yeah, I miss peck and his unpredictable humor.

I remember a thread from about three years ago when he posted that his peckinpahhombre ID was his reinventing himself after a previous banning. His sense of humor is as dry as burnt toast sometimes; I wondered whether he was, indeed, kidding. :lol:

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Nothing's changed Georged, they still suck! Never can figure out why people would buy one, much less two!
In those days there were only two short wheelbase choices: CJ's and Toyota FJ40's.
I didn't (at the time) want to mess with metric & etc., Toyota was something of an unknown quantity, and I was a hard-headed 'Murrican. I figured Jeep #1 was on outlier, in other words.
After #2 also turned out to be a POS, I did have two FJ40's. While not junk, they had significant problems of their own. Rusted like an old soup can, for example.
Oh well. It was all fun at the time because no one knew differently. (Land Rovers were too anemic to take seriously off road, and International's Scout was too big to fit into hardcore 4X4 places.)
This is my second FJ. A 1977 model. The photo was taken in 1982:
P3123273.jpg

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Yeah this thread derailed quickly. But I didn't realize jeeps were the only vehicles to have problems...Wow...silly me.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I do NOT miss the guy who used to sell pipes that seemingly fell off the back of a truck and had a meltdown when Woods and Condor wanted samples of tobacco when developing the Standard tobacco line.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
I do NOT miss the guy who used to sell pipes that seemingly fell off the back of a truck and had a meltdown when Woods and Condor wanted samples of tobacco when developing the Standard tobacco line.
or the guy that fell down & broke his cane.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
What was his name? What a maroon. I think that he had difficulties coexisting with the general population. Still lived with his parents. But here we are talking about him!

Status
Not open for further replies.