PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
It's the other way around...the so-called "woke" agenda has been scripted and imposed from the top down for socio-economic engineering and divide and conquer purposes...it's not an organic, grass-roots thing.
I was trying not to open any cans of worms that would cause issues here. It is also about the crazies in a lot of cases so i went with that angle. lol

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
According to the National Review, PayPal has reversed the policy:

—-

PayPal has backtracked on a published policy that would have fined users $2,500 for spreading “misinformation,” claiming the update had gone out “in error.”

“An AUP notice recently went out in error that included incorrect information. PayPal is not fining people for misinformation and this language was never intended to be inserted in our policy. Our teams are working to correct our policy pages. We’re sorry for the confusion this has caused,” a spokesperson told National Review in a written statement.

—-

Geezus.

That anybody ever thought it a good idea to begin with, is incredible.

Am I the only man left alive raised up that this old sin cussed world is not set up, to make you happy?

Who raised these people?

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast

—-

PayPal has backtracked on a published policy that would have fined users $2,500 for spreading “misinformation,” claiming the update had gone out “in error.”

“An AUP notice recently went out in error that included incorrect information. PayPal is not fining people for misinformation and this language was never intended to be inserted in our policy. Our teams are working to correct our policy pages. We’re sorry for the confusion this has caused,” a spokesperson told National Review in a written statement.

—-

Geezus.

Am I the only man left alive raised up that this old sin cussed world is not set up, to make you happy?

Who raised these people?
My point exactly, this was clearly already approved internally which means it went through many meetings up and down the food chain as well as a lengthy review with their legal team, this wasn’t a “typo” this was assimilation in the world of censorship and punishment that i can only guess started when the Ministry of Information was announced.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
My point exactly, this was clearly already approved internally which means it went through many meetings up and down the food chain as well as a lengthy review with their legal team, this wasn’t a “typo” this was assimilation in the world of censorship and punishment that i can only guess started when the Ministry of Information was announced.
I think someone came to their senses and realized what that would do to their business. I also suspect they would have spent a lot in legal defending that action. Further, how many people even keep a $2,500 balance in PayPal? I find it disturbing they would even consider such a thing.

captpat

Lifer
Dec 16, 2014
North Carolina
I've used Paypal for a number of years without any drama, primarily for person to person transactions, or the infrequent eBay purchase. Paypal fills a niche for these types of transactions, not everyone has Venmo or Zelle. My online purchases from established concerns (e.g., Smoking Pipes) are made using a credit card, buyer protection is okay and there are rewards to be had. If Paypal makes it difficult for folks to trade in tobacco and tobacco products I suppose those transactions will transition to other means, Venmo, Zelle or how about money orders.

I do wonder what's behind the move by Paypal, I doubt it's their corporate interest in our health. Without some sort of external driver (legal or tax issue) how long will they want to deal with managing the whole permission thing, leading either to policy abandonment or forbidding any sort of tobacco related transactions?

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
I think someone came to their senses and realized what that would do to their business. I also suspect they would have spent a lot in legal defending that action. Further, how many people even keep a $2,500 balance in PayPal? I find it disturbing they would even consider such a thing.
This is the part that was concerning the language of charging your account, you already have credit cards and bank accounts linked i see this as taking the money from your financial accounts. Other countries have already started seizing accounts just because they decided they can.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
This is the part that was concerning the language of charging your account, you already have credit cards and bank accounts linked i see this as taking the money from your financial accounts. Other countries have already started seizing accounts just because they decided they can.
I would say I struggle to believe they could get by with this kind of crap. But these days, little surprises me.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Europe is seizing bank accounts, Canada not only seized truckers that were against the draconian mandates accounts but people that donated to their cause. It's very easy to believe that this country is next, tech is just a tool of the administration at this point, so a financial / "social media" company imposing fines is nothing out of the ordinary, would have been interesting to see where those fines ended up, I'm going to take a wild swing and say it would have gone to the government, makes those 87,000 IRS agent's jobs easier to get every last penny.

In just before the lock!

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton

—-

—-

Geezus.

Who raised these people?
The revolt within Paypal was led by Elon Musk and the VP of paypal.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Europe is seizing bank accounts, Canada not only seized truckers that were against the draconian mandates accounts but people that donated to their cause. It's very easy to believe that this country is next, tech is just a tool of the administration at this point, so a financial / "social media" company imposing fines is nothing out of the ordinary, would have been interesting to see where those fines ended up, I'm going to take a wild swing and say it would have gone to the government, makes those 87,000 IRS agent's jobs easier to get every last penny.

In just before the lock!
You're not exactly telling the entire story. Bank accounts were frozen, not seized. And those accounts are now in the process of having the freeze lifted. And it wasn't just arbitrary. These were people that illegally blockaded streets in Ottawa for an extended period of time.

Oct 7, 2016
As far as pipes and tobacco transactions between private individuals are concerned,PayPal friends and family has been a great convenience. But I was an eBay seller back in the pre paypal days and checks and money orders worked, too. I never had a bad check.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
They have now made it official, they will take it upon themselves to fine ppl people for things PP decides is misinformation. they must think everyone that left them has left over this, wrong.

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
All tobacco stores I buy from are not using PayPal with their antitobacco policy. For tobacco either creditcard or a domestic system called iDeal which is a consumer to business platform to pay invoices directly from debit without delay of waiting on the payment.

The new policy I've seen a few videos about, but I haven't seen it in any new terms of use issued to me. For obvious reasons this is disturbing. Even if you are fined and you don't have the amount on your PayPal account they will know where to find you financially. I suppose the terms of use will be sued till the end of time. What I will do is remove my cards from the account, if F&F is to be used I'll transfer the money to my PayPal account.

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
Forgot to add there are always laws that demands banks to do a duedilligence investigation before opening any account. We have a case in court where a COVID measure protest group is canceled by the bank, the bank is fearing they are sponsoring "terrorism" and will get a fine by the authorities. Sure there were some vague transactions, but the term "terrorism" is broadening to have different opinion which is scary.