PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
I've got lots of hobbies. Cycling is one of my favorites. In the last six days I've ridden 147 miles and I feel awesome for it. This is the most comfortable bicycle in my collection. A dual suspension recumbent built in Germany by a company called HP Velotechnik. It's the Sport-touring sedan version of the recumbent world and my first choice for rides over two hours in length.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
Fishing, camping, hiking, mountain biking, snowboarding, metal detecting, cooking, caring for reptiles, working out and riding motorcycles.

dermotfahy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2013
Fishing, Canoeing, working on a particularly persnickety old Volvo Pee-Vee, collecting LP records (Baroque and Swing predominantly), History.

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
Hunt, fish, shoot, reload, cast my own boolits, garden, read fart around in my shop.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
I pistol shoot- was just starting to dabble in USPSA competitive shooting when I took a job with a church- and all the local meets are on Sunday mornings. For some reason, the want me to be at church and not at the pistol matches :)
Big time musician- which is what I do at church. Love guitar and writing music.
Love to cook and grill.
Love my wife and little boy.

bryanf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 16, 2013
Hunting, Fishing, Hiking, Backpacking, Avid reader of both the Bible and Sci-Fi (currently on a Niven kick), Motorcycle riding. I also play harmonica, penny whistle, and melodica. My 3 dogs- hiking and going to the park with my wife and son. I used to shoot a lot before the Obama induced ammo shortage.

bullbriar

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2013
I'm also into fishing, hunting, woodworking, cooking, straight razors, and the Red Sox.

4noggins

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2013
Don't have many, but Sailing and Long Distance Running take up most of my free time.
Rich Gottlieb

4noggins.com

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
Musician, love playing the guitar (especially blues).
Love to cook (don't touch my grill).

*Lawrence send some of those hot peppers my way. I'm a spice food addict. Got some habanero's in my garden but yours look even hotter!
Golfing (more the cigar smoking than the actual golfing).
And more cigar smoking. Huge Nub fan.

politicalmonster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
Reading, Writing science fiction and fantasy, shooting rifle and pistol, collecting (and sampling) bourbons and scotches, and a bit of woodworking when I can.

-PM

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Got some habanero's in my garden but yours look even hotter!

Just a bit.

:laughat: The Orange Habanero is rated about 150,000 Scoville Heat Units

The Jonah above was about 1,000,000+ SHUs. :twisted:

They can go as high as 1.6 Milliion SHUs. :crazy:

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I build and repair guitars, and I self produce my own music- everything from metal to twangy surf to orchestral.
I'm semi-retired from paranormal investigations, which took up most of my spare time over the last five years or so. Need a long break from it, but I suspect I'll always be involved on some level.
Of course I do pipe restorations too.

cavendish36

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 26, 2013
Hunting, camping, hiking, Civil War re enacting, reading (usually US Military history or action thrillers, e.g. Vince Flynn)

hunterwold1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
Woodturning, restoring and building wooden boats, sailing, kayaking, reading, music(listening & performing), teaching, and writing. Recently discovered cigars(for those days when it is too hot to smoke a pipe). Just in the process of building my own humidor for these new cigars. . .

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
I tend to rotate through hobbies, and there are several I hope to return to as time and money allow. Currently, I'm riding my bicycle occasionally (trying to get back to regular training), learning to sew, getting reacquainted with leather working (made a set of gaiters/half-chaps for my Steampunk outfit last year), and learning to solder electronics (initial foray was a qualified success, as I didn't set anything on fire, and more than half of the LEDs on my first kit actually lit up when I applied power). I also dabble in writing, and attend the local SF/Fantasy and Steampunk conventions. My wife and I also like to travel, and our interest in costuming and conventions has led us to attend SteamCon in Seattle and the Steampunk Cruise earlier this year - both of which we hope to do again this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.