PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Auxsender

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 17, 2022
Nashville
It's funny... I wrote this just 3 months ago and I now disagree with myself. I was attempting to acquire the taste of perique and I must admit I've succeeded, and wildly so. Case in point: I've gone through half this tin of 2015 Formers, as pictured alongside a Jody Davis I recently acquainted courtesy of @TexJake
Yes but did you open the tin and show us? That’s what it’s all about on this here thread. Opening A Tin? Show Us!

MidTNPiper

Might Stick Around
Jul 6, 2023
Nashville, TN
It seems to me this is a thread of show us the cool or hard to get blends, i dont know - never participated. Never the less, these were two new ones for me opened this week. Both good, would get again, neither knock my socks off. I have a feeling JKP could benefit from a 3-5 year sleep. It seems heavy on the VA to my taste buds. Westminster seems a little more nuanced than other bulk english, which will likley bring me back to it, but not leaps and bounds better than Proper English or (insert favorite light english here). The tin note was pretty promising, almost smelled like a Quiet Nights toned down, but a smidge more Lat forward. Which I did enjoy.IMG_8035.jpeg

Auxsender

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 17, 2022
Nashville
It seems to me this is a thread of show us the cool or hard to get blends, i dont know - never participated. Never the less, these were two new ones for me opened this week. Both good, would get again, neither knock my socks off. I have a feeling JKP could benefit from a 3-5 year sleep. It seems heavy on the VA to my taste buds. Westminster seems a little more nuanced than other bulk english, which will likley bring me back to it, but not leaps and bounds better than Proper English or (insert favorite light english here). The tin note was pretty promising, almost smelled like a Quiet Nights toned down, but a smidge more Lat forward. Which I did enjoy.View attachment 289091
Very avant garde to post a pic of 2 closed tins in the “Opening A Tin? Show Us!” thread.

MidTNPiper

Might Stick Around
Jul 6, 2023
Nashville, TN
ehh following the rules was never my strong suit. But noted for next time. Unfortunately everything I crack get jarred right away, no redos for cinematic purposes…

Reactions: jbfrady

dunnyboy

Lifer
Jul 6, 2018
New York
This helped set the stage for a flavorful weekend.
New - to - me blend.
New Peterson system standard rusticated 305 with one of the newer, wider, flatter, better acrylic P-lip stems.

View attachment 283489

View attachment 283490

View attachment 283491

View attachment 283492

View attachment 283493

View attachment 283495

View attachment 283496
I apologize for just seeing this. Great pictures. I never realized that Scottish Cake was a ribbon cut! I do like Scottish Flake.