PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

haroldt

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2013
Melbourne, Fl
I'm so impressed with the activity this silly question I posted is getting. Thank you so much. Honestly, in my first go around with pipes 1970's - 90's, I never dedicated any - each pipe there shot at what ever tobacco I had. When I posted this question, I thought most folks would reply in the same respect as I had smoked "no dedication" Interesting to see that most folks that have answered seem to have some sort of dedication.
phred:
not familiar enough with the various types to be able to tell whether I'm getting the true flavor of a specific blend, or whether I'm getting some ghosting
That's sounds like a very strong reason to have a dedicated pipe.
To all... thank you

latbomber

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2013
I have one pipe just for Dunhill flake, I find when I smoke other tobaccos (even other VA's/Vapers) through it and then go back to the the Dunhill flake I find it effects the taste.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
I have three or four pipes for Latakia blends. If I am in the mood for one of these pipes but not the Latakia I will smoke a Viginia in them and I don't notice any ghost or if I do I'm not troubled by it. The majority of my rotation are reserved for Virginias and I won't corrupt them with English blends. I don't segregate based on Va-Per or Va-Bur or individual tobaccos I just enjoy them all in my Virginia pipes. Any more I rarely smoke aromatics.

jbbaldwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2012
I have pipes that do better with flakes than anything else, so I don't smoke anything else in those.
Just yesterday, I had an absolutely amazing bowl of C&D's Star of the East in a Boswell that I've been using for English blends. It was beyond wonderful. I like SotE but it had never tasted like that. If that happens again the next time I might dedicate that pipe to that blend.

haroldt

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2013
Melbourne, Fl
Interesting - today when I logged in, this article by G. L. Pease was on the home page - it fits in with this posting
http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/out-of-the-ashes/indulge-your-pleasure/#more-7088

Status
Not open for further replies.