PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
That all briar is the nicest pipe in this thread. I wrap the stem on mine with vinyl friction tape prior to smoking, I’d just do that on yours when you go for a bowl. That bite will probably make it even more comfortable when clenched

• Love
Reactions: milk and OzPiper

milk

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2022
Japan
That all briar is the nicest pipe in this thread. I wrap the stem on mine with vinyl friction tape prior to smoking, I’d just do that on yours when you go for a bowl. That bite will probably make it even more comfortable when clenched
I’m not sure what the equivalent of friction tape is in Japan where I live. I’ve looked for it on Amazon Japan in various ways. What is this tape normally used for? Thanks!

Reactions: Ahi Ka

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
I’m not sure what the equivalent of friction tape is in Japan where I live. I’ve looked for it on Amazon Japan in various ways. What is this tape normally used for? Thanks!
Bondage.

I’ve also used electrical tape in the past. However the friction tape is much better to work with as there is no adhesive.

I find it better than the softy bits as it retains more of the stem’s actual feel and you are not limited the shape or size.

Reactions: milk

milk

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2022
Japan
Bondage.

I’ve also used electrical tape in the past. However the friction tape is much better to work with as there is no adhesive.

I find it better than the softy bits as it retains more of the stem’s actual feel and you are not limited the shape or size.
Ah! I see. Maybe it’s not on Amazon then. 😆

• Haha
Reactions: Ahi Ka