PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

badbriar

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 17, 2012
Suncoast Florida by the Beach
Totality dictated by demand. And, most especially when supply is limited.

A lot of whingers running around, panties in a bunch, complaining about something they can fix. Make more money, get rid of the envy that some can afford to pay more that you can, choose a cheaper vice, and so forth. Life isn't supposed to be fair. All some you here want to do is pillory the successful accepting no personal blame for the condition you find yourself in. Only you can change your circumstances. If you are waiting for government action to improve your life ... well, 'nuff said.

Or, revert back to your childhood where mommy and daddy provided for your "wants" and needs. Often at considerable cost and effort top themselves.

I have absolutely no sympathy for those who figure life owes them a pass and they shouldn't have to work for what they desire. None! You chose your lifestyle, live with it. Quit lusting for what you can't have/afford.
Wow - a lot of self importance and assumptions going on here!

badbriar

Oct 17, 2012
Totality dictated by demand. And, most especially when supply is limited.

A lot of whingers running around, panties in a bunch, complaining about something they can fix. Make more money, get rid of the envy that some can afford to pay more that you can, choose a cheaper vice, and so forth. Life isn't supposed to be fair. All some you here want to do is pillory the successful accepting no personal blame for the condition you find yourself in. Only you can change your circumstances. If you are waiting for government action to improve your life ... well, 'nuff said.

Or, revert back to your childhood where mommy and daddy provided for your "wants" and needs. Often at considerable cost and effort top themselves.

I have absolutely no sympathy for those who figure life owes them a pass and they shouldn't have to work for what they desire. None! You chose your lifestyle, live with it. Quit lusting for what you can't have/afford.
images-2.jpeg

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
The reason an ethical person would NOT do that is because someone else would not get to honestly get to buy said unicorn tobacco blend. My stance is that ethics have apparently gone tits up and morons seem to support it. I bet those same geniuses would cry and bitch if they wanted to go to some event and had to pay 10x for seats.
Everyone is a tough guy and a critic until it happens to them - then their tunes change real quickly.
I actually do have more Esotericas & HTF's than I really care for, which have been procured over several years. I simply share with my buddies.
Honestly, they aren't al that good, except for Penzance and Margate IMNSHO.
So, I am not one who is jealous of anyone for their cellar or whatever tobaccos they own. I have worked over the years in establishing a well stocked cellar. I've also sold Esotericas, including a 2012 bg of Penzance to another member a couple of years back for exactly what I had into it. Came to under 50 bucks. I. Don't. Scalp.
So, no, my panties are not in a wad over what I don't have or want. Sleezy, greedy scalping bastards simply piss me off.
Ethics does not apply to buying and selling…it’s purely transactional as long as one sells a product & one decides to buy that product. Complaining about it doesn’t move the needle one way or another…It just frustrates you. Why worry about something you can’t control? Thank you for your opinion. It nice to know that there are magnanimous folks out there such as yourself. However, I doubt your opinion of “flippers” is going to change anything. I hope you feel better after having expressed your thoughts. ☕️️

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: badbriar

badbriar

Oct 17, 2012
Thank you for your opinion. It nice to know that there are magnanimous folks out there such as yourself. However, I doubt your opinion of “flippers” is going to change anything. I hope you feel better after having expressed your thoughts. ☕️️
Not magnanimous, just ethical. Sorry if helping a friend offends you. You should try it sometime.

badbriar

Oct 17, 2012
When someone charges a huge mark up for a much needed medication because they've locked up distribution, I'm all for stringing them up.

Tobacco isn't a basic necessity and if someone wants to charge an enormous mark up I''m free to decline to pay it, as is anyone else.

The Esoterica blends were created for Steve Richman of the Piedmont Tobacco Company using Germain's Catalog blends as a starting point, and were created for the US market. So if they're not being sold here, they're not being sold anywhere.

It's a self inflicted wound. Buyers set prices, not sellers. If buyers are not willing to pay, sellers can either lower their prices or not sell inventory.

It's a personal choice. There's not a tobacco made today, or ever, for which I would spend hundreds of dollars to smoke. Others feel quite differently or these prices wouldn't exist.

Are scalpers opportunistic greedy bastards? Is a 400 pound robin fat?
Are scalpers opportunistic greedy bastards? Is a 400 pound robin fat? rotfrotfrotf

Reactions: ak2000
Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
The reason an ethical person would NOT do that is because someone else would not get to honestly get to buy said unicorn tobacco blend. My stance is that ethics have apparently gone tits up and morons seem to support it. I bet those same geniuses would cry and bitch if they wanted to go to some event and had to pay 10x for seats.
Everyone is a tough guy and a critic until it happens to them - then their tunes change real quickly.
I actually do have more Esotericas & HTF's than I really care for, which have been procured over several years. I simply share with my buddies.
Honestly, they aren't al that good, except for Penzance and Margate IMNSHO.
So, I am not one who is jealous of anyone for their cellar or whatever tobaccos they own. I have worked over the years in establishing a well stocked cellar. I've also sold Esotericas, including a 2012 bg of Penzance to another member a couple of years back for exactly what I had into it. Came to under 50 bucks. I. Don't. Scalp.
So, no, my panties are not in a wad over what I don't have or want. Sleezy, greedy scalping bastards simply piss me off.
I'd love to hear a logical argument of the ethical principles at work here. By what standard is it unethical to buy a non-essential luxury product at retail price and resell it for a price that hundreds, if not thousands are willing to pay?

P.S. I'd love to get floor seats at a Carolina duke game at Chapel Hill, but I know I'm nowhere near a position to be able to afford it. I don't feel slighted or deprived. It's a luxury I can't afford.

Status
Not open for further replies.