PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Choatecav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2023
Middle Tennessee
Beg to differ. True years ago, but fresh ground Peet's decaf is superb, and Clausthaler makes a good n/a beer. Others are ok such as Heineken "0", and St. Pauli Girl. O'Douls is piss.
You got that right!! I absolutely love my Peets coffee. I still drink the high octane versions (Major Dickisons blend) but occasionally we will have a cup after supper and I go for the Peets decaf. It tastes just as good as my caffeine version.
My mom used to heat some water on the stove and pour it in a cup and add a spoonful of Sanka. Do y'all remember that stuff? Basically it just ruined an otherwise fine cup of hot water..........

Puffaluffaguss

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
Don't get me wrong I love captain Peets Major Dickasons blend but ever sense I switched to a French Press from the ol kurig. My coffee life has changed for the better. Takes a bit more time but the coffee weather a cheap store brand or a well known expensive brand the press brings out the best in any blend. The best thing is to find the right blend, buy a coffee grinder, grind your beans course and, Vuala a perfect cup of coffee that cost less a cup from a kurig pod. Anyway that's my ramble for the day.

Reactions: Choatecav
Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Don't get me wrong I love captain Peets Major Dickasons blend but ever sense I switched to a French Press from the ol kurig. My coffee life has changed for the better. Takes a bit more time but the coffee weather a cheap store brand or a well known expensive brand the press brings out the best in any blend. The best thing is to find the right blend, buy a coffee grinder, grind your beans course and, Vuala a perfect cup of coffee that cost less a cup from a kurig pod. Anyway that's my ramble for the day.
In the words of Zeppelin, ramble on.

What's your blend, grinder, and press?

I use the kurig duo. Pot of coffee for me and pods for the others.

I've considered the press for weekends and have notes.on various members' comments.

Choatecav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2023
Middle Tennessee
I totally agree with you. As much as I love Major Dickasons (I prepare mine in a Keurig), nothing beats French press coffee. I have a horse farm that requires several chores to be done early so this is the nexus where my desire for great tasting coffee meets with demands on time/speed/laziness/etc. and I succumb to the faster method.

Reactions: Puffaluffaguss

InWithBothFeet

Might Stick Around
Mar 23, 2024
Richmond, KY
I used a Turkish ibrik for a long while, with some green cardamom for an arabic flavor. They usually come in small demi-cup sizes but I found an extra large 14oz size for the american market on amazon. That makes good coffee. My buddy called it cowboy coffee. You always get some mud at the bottom of your cup. stock-photo-brassy-cezve-7820086.jpg

Reactions: Puffaluffaguss