PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 31, 2012
"Compared to other lighters in the $20 range ( and there aren't many for a pipe ) it's pretty outstanding."
No doubt about it that it's an outstanding lighter, a godsend at $20 and it performs even better than some of the more expensive lighters out there.
I made an unfair comparison about fuel capacity, using the OldBoy as a benchmark. (OB lasts an uncanny amount of time)
I never knew there was such a beast as a $100 lighter, much less a $400 one!!! After using a Bic for too long, I cycled through a few different inexpensive lighters, but finally bit the bullet and got an OldBoy. I was instantly impressed and glad I forked out the loot, it does live up to the mythic hype.
Yet, I simply cannot comprehend why the Dunhill lighters are so pricey, not to mention other such Lux-O-Bling brands like ST Dupont, which fetch some truly insane prices for some reason, is it the ping?!?!?!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8AtAw9uBvs

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I normally just keep it in my pocket with my wallet or in my other pocket with nothing else. Wore the finish off my black matte Old Boy, but it looks cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.