PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

godlovesus31

Lurker
Dec 30, 2011
HI my name is godlovesus31 real name is kevin.I started smoking a pipe on december 25 wich i am a new smoker .I did my first pipe back when i was 18 my dad bought me a corn cob pipe and some starter kits to go with it.I nevr knew why i left smoking a pipe. will i am very happy to be smoking a pipe once again.so i came across this website checked it out liked so here i am happy to share all my tobacco with you all.I realy enjoy smoking and cleaning my pipes out it relaxes me and i can think about things and slow my pace down. :)I am glade to be here with you all

hdrider

Lurker
Jan 2, 2012
Hello all. My name's Rob, from Oklahoma.

I've been reading the posts for a couple days now and thought I'd oughta join.

I first smoked a pipe in 1980, but didn't really get into it back then and smoked mostly nails, but quit those years ago. I really started smoking a pipe about 10 years ago after a divorce. What a way to calm the soul after a debacle like that!

Have been smoking pretty regular since then, but I'm in no way an expert. I just enjoy a relaxing smoke and have been enjoying the site.

I'm lucky enough to have found the right woman and she enjoys the smell of my pipe. I also have a wonderful son-in-law who enjoys the briar as well.

AND, I just finished watching my alma mater, Oklahoma State University, win the Fiesta Bowl!

Life is good in so many ways!

hdrider

Lurker
Jan 2, 2012
Oh ya, I forgot to mention that my Father and Grandfather both smoked pipes, among other things, so I guess I was born to it...

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Welcome new members Shaw, Wildcat, Thilo, Cody, Karl, Kevin, Rob !
Hold on tight and enjoy the ride ;-) Bunch of great guys out here.

yontz

Lurker
Jan 2, 2012
Hey All. Just got back into smoking pipes. All I have ever smoked in the past is a Missouri meerschaum. Stopped with a buddy of mine at the Gettysburg Cigar Co. and they had some clay tavern pipes. We thought they were cool and I bout one for me and one for him (he was just installed as the new Worshipful Master)as a gift. Been smoking regular ever since. I still use my cob fairly regular, and still have the clay. I was just given a meerschaum nose warmer yesterday. Fun little smoke. I have a Peterson Fermoy 80 (bent bulldog) on the way. Should have it next week. My wife will sh*t when she sees what I paid but its an awesome looking pipe. And I have never smoked briar let alone a pipe that costs more than $15!

Cheers

Joe

smokenscotch

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2011
Welcome all new members, enjoy the site. Great people around here with some great info!

mindash

Lurker
Jan 3, 2012
Greetings from north eastern Pennsylvania. my name is George and although i have smoked a tobacco pipe on and off for the last 13 years i have recently within the last year finally made the complete conversion over from ciggs to pipe smoking. i havent much had a chance yet to try anything aside from what is commonly referred to as the drug store tobacco's but am await 2 samples in the mail currently of what sounds like quality tobacco and hopefully might steer my direction of tobacco choices in the future. with that being siad thanks for having me hear and i look forward to the future for all of us :)
-G-

ebrand

Lurker
Jan 3, 2012
Happy New Year All,
I'm Ethan, 22 years old, a Northern Virginia resisdent but currently undergoing Marine Special Operations training to become an Operator in North Carolina. I started smoking pipes at 16, mainly due to the memories of my grandfather's den and all of his pipes and tobaccos, still can't get the aroma out of my memory (which is good). I stopped smoking pipes for awhile but really came back to it in the winter of 09 while deployed in Helmand Province, Afghanistan in the Sniper Platoon. Love pipes, love the community and looking forward to getting to know everyone on here and sharing stories, thoughts, and knowledge. Cheers!

nightmarejones

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2012
Hello all, I am completely new to the art and well love it.I have a crappy "Sanda Classic" but I am working on getting a Briar [and can't wait to find one..lol]. Look forward to meeting u all.

reichenbach

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
Hi everyone,
My name is Joe. I live in the Hudson Valley of New York State. I've been smoking a pipe off and on for almost 10 years (started with cigars, moved to a pipe then to cigarettes and now trying to move back to the pipe exclusively). This place gets me excited to do that. A big help has been to first find pipesandcigars.com and then finding out it's only an hour away from me in Albany.
So that's me. Thanks for having me.
Joe

docdottle

Lurker
Jan 2, 2012
Hi everybody.
I joined a few days ago and spent my first hour or two trying to figure out how to crop my avatar photo, without much success. I'm just obsessive-compulsive enough to want to get the avatar thing taken care of before wandering off to explore the site and make new friends. Kinda' like showering and shaving before meeting the future in-laws. Anyway, I think I have it figured out, so now I can get down to the business of communing with my fellow pipesters.
I live in Cleveland, TN, in the southeastern part of my wonderful adopted state. I have smoked a pipe since I bought a Savinelli Oscar with (on advice from someone who knew about these things) a large can of Balkan Sobranie. This was around 1986. I'm sure that I am not the only one who would like to have that 200 gram can of Balkan Sobranie white, to smoke in the here and now! I smoked my way through quite a large number of those white cans, supplied by Holt's in Philadelphia when they were an old but small establishment located on, I believe, Sansom Street (corrections from those who remember are welcome). These were pre-cigar boom days. Holt's is now a huge brick and mortar and internet company specializing in cigars and "the finer things" associated therewith.
I also stuffed my well used but always properly reamed Oscar with the "good" Dunhill 965 and, when I was feeling strong and brave, with Bengal Slices, which my dear departed brother referred to as "tar cakes".
Fast forward to 2012. I still love English and Balkan blends. My current favorites are G. L. Pease's Meridian and Lagonda, but I have a large variety of tinned tobaccos stashed away in a huge Rubbermaid storage tub. I have no idea what all is in there, but I do know that there are a few sealed tins of My Mixture 965, Nightcap, London Mixture and Durbar, all from the Murray's era.
Well, I guess that's more than you really wanted to know, anyway.
Thanks for having me.
Ross aka Docdottle.

smokindragon

Lurker
Jan 6, 2012
Hello fellow briar lovers. I'm SmokinDragon (Brian) from the great state of Colorado, although I've spent a few years in other states as well due to time in the Air Force. I've been smoking pipes (and cigars) for about 15 years, and was a member of CAPS (Capital Area Pipe Smokers) for a few years while I lived there and still have great memories of those friends and from driving down to the CORPS show in Virginia. Cant' say I have a favorite pipe really since I like so many in my collection, but I'd have to say churchwardens and carved meershaum pipes (particularly of dragon themes) are high on my list. Also a big spirits guy and have my own tasting club that's been going for about 12 years now. Cheers.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Lot of interesting newcomers to the site! Welcome everyone. Don't be shy, just start posting and replying.

havanarick

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2012
Texas
Hello, My name is Rick, I live in North Texas and have been smoking a pipe on and off for a couple of years, Now it has really got a hold on me and i love it. This is a great forum with a plethora of information. I cannot wait to start picking everyone's brain, especially when it comes to tobacco. :worship:

Status
Not open for further replies.