PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cranseiron

Part of the Furniture Now
May 17, 2013
McHenry, MS
Welcome, countybear. I'm located in Biloxi, not too far away. There's a pipe club that meets in Metairie once a month if I'm not mistaken. Pappymac, a forum member, could give you more details if you're interested. Round trip to Metairie is a little far for me, unfortunately.
Eric

countybear

Lurker
Mar 13, 2017
There's a pipe club that meets in Metairie once a month if I'm not mistaken. Pappymac, a forum member, could give you more details if you're interested. Round trip to Metairie is a little far for me, unfortunately.
Eric
Thanks for the info! Metairie is only about 1.5h from me, not too far at all. I will PM Pappymac.

rjhabeeb

Lurker
Mar 18, 2017
Hello everyone, RJ here. I have yet to enjoy a pipe yet, but i just recently made my first purchase. I've been lurking around here for a few months trying to soak up all the knowledge that i can.

paddypiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Hello my name is Pat, and I'm an alcoho... oh wrong group.

Long time lurker, first time poster, huge fan so I hope to get to know know everyone here. New to pipe smoking but I've read through the forums here multiple times to answer any questions I've had rather than asking a question that's been answered a hundred times. Mostly joining now to to become part of the community.

pancakejake

Lurker
Mar 22, 2017
Dude here.
Been smoking the brown weed for a couple of years and really enjoying it. Glad to be able to join and looking forward to the conversation.
Favorite tobaccos--London Mixture, Prince Albert, Scottys Pancake, Darwin Asa (Paul's, Flint MI), John Bull, Blood Red moon. Any bowl can be improved with a pinch of pirate kake.
Favorite Pipes--MM cobs esp Washington, Dr Grabow briars, a small stanwell royal Danish, My little meerschaum.

jakecobb

Might Stick Around
Mar 23, 2017
Los Angeles, California
Oi! I'm Diego, from L.A., CA. Only been smoking a coupla years, having learned a lot from forums such as this. I like aros as well as English blends.
And I'm very sorry to hear 'bout Dunhill. :(

barleydog

Lurker
Mar 25, 2017
Yup, add me to da list. I reckon I done got bit by dat damn pipe spider. Voice in ma head said there's no cure but to buy more pipes and that tobaccah stuff. Problem is, I don't know WTF (freak) to look fer when I go lookn for stuff. So hears I am.
OK nuff with that. I started off with a MM cobb and an ounce of some black cherry local blend. It was meh, nothing to write about but then I got some frog morton which made for a much better smoke. Saw a vid on YT (Dagners Pipes) so I got one of their pokers.
Anyway, I have a lot of posts to read to "catch up" and hope to not ask something that has already been answered.
-Jim-

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Welcome to the lounge! Put on your bullet-proof vests and head in and commiserate with us about Dunhill and celebrate the Frog revolution. :puffy:

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Countybear - Where you at? You just missed a meeting of the New Orleans pipe club last week. There is also a Pipe Night event sponsored by Mayan Imports next Thursday night. The Tinderbox in Metairie closed last summer but Mayan Imports bought the stock and opened a new location next to Lakeside Mall in Metairie.

uperepik

(Oldtown)
Mar 8, 2017
Hello, new to the hobby and to the forum. Got started a little over a month ago by finding a pipe at an antique shop and thought it would be neat to restore. It all went down hill from there, I am now a full blown pipeholic. In fact I just stopped at a antique mall for my lunch break and found an awesome GBD bent bulldog for $4. I live in Olympia, Washington by way of Atlanta, Ga. I've already been asking a lot of questions and enjoying hearing all the advice.

fuzzysocks99

Lurker
Jan 12, 2017
Hello agian! I am a new lady piper from Alaska! I signed up a while ago but have been having diffulties posting things here so have just been reading through all the other posts! This as been helpful with a few questions I have had, and now that I can post again I plan on buzzing around here!

So Hello from Alaska!

garlisk

Lurker
Mar 29, 2017
Hey all! Pipe smoker from Hamburg, Pennsylvania here.

Got back into pipes after 5 year away (wasn't serious in the beginning.) Been at it "seriously" now for about 6 months and enjoying myself immensely. I've been hanging out at a smaller subcommunity on another forum, and figured I'd make my way over here and hang out with a larger section of the pipe smoking community.

I primarily smoke cobs, but recently got into meerschaum pipes. Briar hasn't impressed me (sorry) but I keep trying, occasionally.

As for tobacco, my favorite is VA/VaPer flakes, but I also like Carter Hall, Nightcap, and various oriental forward english blends/balkans. I also find that I like some of McClellands light aromatic (Frog Morton on the Town and Tinder Box Reserve 1928)

My cellar has been growing exponentially since I got started again, but I'm telling myself its about time to slow down on the buying...we'll see.

terry292

Lurker
Apr 5, 2017
The motto of the North American Society of Pipe Collectors is "If you have one pipe, you're a pipe smoker. If you have two pipes, you are a pipe collector." By that definition, I must be a hard core collector. I'm overrun with pipes, tobaccos, pipe furniture, catalogues, magazines, books, you name it. I stopped counting my pipes long ago and have no earthly idea how many I actually own today.
I thought I joined this group years ago, but apparently I was wrong. When I asked for a new password, I got a message saying there was no one with that user name registered here. So, I corrected that most ricky tick. Don't expect me to post a lot, but you'll never know when I'm lurking out here in the hinterlands.
I'm looking forward to reading your views and opinions. And, if you happen to be in Raleigh, NC, this Saturday at the pipe show, say, "Hi." You can't miss me. I'm the guy with the pipe permanently affixed to his face.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Great to see fresh blood. Fresh, uncorrupted blood. Stick around and that won't last long! haha

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I am a new lady piper from Alaska
OMFG?!?! Seriously? A pipe smoker, a woman, AND from Alaska?!?! I would've thought I'd seen a pipe smoking Yeti before I'd ever see a pipe smoking Alaska woman!! Glad you're here!

Apr 12, 2017
Alabama
Hello from down in Dixie. Ohio native living in Alabama for about 9yrs now. I like meeting new folks and learning more about my favorite pass time...puffing my pipe. Thanks for letting me in door.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Mr. Monster- Welcome! Seems there's quite a few of you living in the state of the red tide. I mean, crimson..... I'm an Illinois native living in California.

Status
Not open for further replies.