PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

notabene1

Lurker
Jul 8, 2012
Hello Everyone,
I've been a troll here for about six or seven months, but finally decided to join. I've been smoking a pipe off and on for nearly forty years--just recently came back to it again after a ten-year layoff. Last week I received my freebie from Altadis. In fact, getting that surprise package in the mail--much sooner than expected--is what finally nudged me to join this board: to thank you, really. I would have never known about that promotion had it not been for those of you who posted about it. By the way, they sent me Sutliff's Kentucky Planter. Now, I do not want to appear ungrateful to the good folks at Altadis, so I'm reserving judgment for now. Let's just say that I've been trying it in different pipes, doing my best to give it a chance.
Anyway, I just wanted to briefly introduce myself. I hope to participate here as often as I can. I've learned quite a bit from so many of you, and look forward to learning more.
Best,

John

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Haha! You have been a "lurker" not a "troll", unless you've been making antagonistic posts under a different name! :rofl:
Welcome to the forum, whatever you are. Your 40 years of experience will be a great addition.
There are a couple of Altadis blends I like, a bunch that are just OK and then some I'd rather do without!

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome notabene1 we're pleased to have you.
However; You're not a "Troll", you were a "Lurker"... BIIIIIG difference. :D

Can't wait to see your pics and posts.

Dive right in...
This may be of some use to you: Reply Box; Tricks and Tips

And, yes... I'm saving the link to a Notepad. :D

martiniman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 6, 2012
Welcome aboard and looking forward to seeing 40 years of experience helping us newbies out.. :puffy:

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Glad to see a new member, and with 40 years previous experience! Maybe we can learn from you as well.

notabene1

Lurker
Jul 8, 2012
Thank you all for the warm welcome, and the correction. Yes, most certainly a lurker, not a troll. Just one more AARP-related brain fart, I'm afraid. Now, what the hell was I saying? Oh yes... thank you for the welcome.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Welcome notabene1, glad you decided to join in. I would love to hear some of your experiences with pipes since you have been at it so long.
What kinds of pipes do you smoke and what are some of your favorite blends? Do you remember the days when we could smoke in our hospital rooms? I do.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Welcome mate, enjoy.
@cigrmaster
I also remember those days mate. The bank line ups(no such thing as ATM's in those days) had ash trays in them. You smoked in Hospital Waiting Rooms, grocery stores, Dentist Offices etc. Ahhhhh, the good ole days.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I used to work in a hospital back in those days.

I still have two of the "glass" ashtrays that were removed from the patient rooms and replaced with "safe" unbreakable plastic ashtrays....

They were donated to the hospital by Birmingham Trust National Bank "BTNB".

:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.