PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
<p>I used to own a small cafe in an upscale shopping village. This was in 1998 and a few doors down from me was a small beautiful shop called The Tobacco Leaf, specialized in cigars and had a private club room in the back where members had lockers. This became my office, anytime I wasn't at the cafe I was in the club room. This was the first time id tried cigars and pipe tobacco. I'd seen a pipe, a savinelli autograph, on their shelf. I knew exactly zero about pipes, but at the time I thought it was beautiful! I bought it along with a matching pipe stand and a tin of tobacco. I'd begin to pick up pipes a couple years later. After I closed down the cafe in 2003'ish I stopped going. I miss that place and the guy who worked their, John.<br />
Anyways, that's when

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
My "new" 1944 Dunhill, my fathers birth year. For a pipe of this age it's fair condition. Obviously, anytime you search for a specific pipe, the finding of always feels good. 1944 is a difficult one.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
yes, indeed! I'm glad for you too. I'm sorry if my suggestion that it was a '54 on the specific thread gave you a start, but I doubt it. You are likely well aware of the scarcity and authenticity of your pipe. I think the stem too goes a long way toward verification.

Congratulations! T'is nice.

puffdoggie

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2013
Now I feel totally inadequate! I guess I won't post pix of both of my Dunnies. :(
Nice collection though! Well done. :worship:

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Newbroom, yes you scared me!! I was reasonable sure it was a 44, but not certain enough to not get a fright lol. Thanks for that!! Seriously though, feedback ALWAYS a appreciated!!

Puff, PLEASE POST YOUR PHOTOS!!! Can't you tell that I'm a Dunhill fan? Please sir, post away!!!

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Even for a collector of Dunhills there are beautiful other pipes which any collection MUST have in it. I added a Cooke a while back and now I've added an S. Bang

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Wow gigger48..... you really know how to bring a guy down. I'm trying to not go over to the bad place where what I have becomes less important than what I dont, but yeah I get your point.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Been awhile since I acquired a new Dunhill... not exactly certain why this one appealed, but such is the nature of The Collector.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
As I continue to branch out, or not, I scored what I think as a great deal! I've never owned one but know the Davidoff name. I'd never buy a new one, but just bought three estate pipes in my favorite shape, a fat billiard, for a couple hundred. Not bad for what I'm sure will be a great smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.