24 Fresh Neerup Pipes
96 Fresh Savinelli Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Yes, it ticks off a few people,
I DO NOT even understand how someone could get mad at a new option becoming available. What kind of selfish piece of crap gets mad because a new option is made availible? That must be the lowest form of human being dragging knuckles as they storm off in anger.

Sometimes that's better than the original. Other times it's an unhappy event.
I can't imagine, even if it is made up of something leftover, that they would spend money to offer up something that they think sucks.
I’ve never considered the state of Georgia to be particularly mountainous nor is it known for producing tobacco
North Georgia is some of the most beautiful mountains in the world. And, Georgia and Alabama may not get discussed much on here as tobacco producing states, but someone does something with all of these fields of tobaccos.
Appalachia runs through Georgia and down into Alabama.

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
North Georgia is some of the most beautiful mountains in the world. And, Georgia and Alabama may not get discussed much on here as tobacco producing states, but someone does something with all of these fields of tobaccos.
Yeah, I know they terminate in the Ozark plateau and all, I guess I have a hard time calling anything on the East Coast a mountain after being out west. It’s all relative of course. I lived in Georgia for a while, and figured somebody would take umbrage with that statement. I never saw the tobacco fields though. I wonder also, what kind of leaf and who they’re selling it to.

I also agree they wouldn’t put out something they feel is lousy just as a cash grab.

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Sounds intriguing to me, and a touch of Perique has been pleasing me lately.

My most recently opened tin was C&D Happy Hour and it's going quickly. I chose it from the shelf partly because it had a nice "bulge" going, and it was from the end of 2019.

I think I'll end up grabbing a couple, the Orientals interest my palate as well.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
Because it is an oriental tobacco, and those hail from the Balkan region plus that I’ve never considered the state of Georgia to be particularly mountainous nor is it known for producing tobaccoView attachment 239145
I see where you're coming from. I was thinking of @JimInks' description quoted by @TheIronMonkey where Jim says, "This broken flake blend is old belt (North Carolina and Georgia) orange, mahogany, bright, and six grades of red Virginias." I think Jim is talking about the State of Georgia.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I DO NOT even understand how someone could get mad at a new option becoming available. What kind of selfish piece of crap gets mad because a new option is made availible? That must be the lowest form of human being dragging knuckles as they storm off in anger.

I can't imagine, even if it is made up of something leftover, that they would spend money to offer up something that they think sucks.

what is really funny is when the people that feel taken in and offended by small batch turn out to be the same people who scream free market gospel. Like which is it they really care about.

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
I see where you're coming from. I was thinking of @JimInks' description quoted by @TheIronMonkey where Jim says, "This broken flake blend is old belt (North Carolina and Georgia) orange, mahogany, bright, and six grades of red Virginias." I think Jim is talking about the State of Georgia.
You may very well be right. I can see how his wording is nebulous in this case. I guess we’ll have to see what C&D says when some product literature is released. I hope my interpretation is correct though. If not we’re looking at an “every grade and shade of VA leaf” blend. Which is fine and well, but I’ll sit this one out if that‘s the case.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
You may very well be right. I can see how his wording is nebulous in this case. I guess we’ll have to see what C&D says when some product literature is released. I hope my interpretation is correct though. If not we’re looking at an “every grade and shade of VA leaf” blend. Which is fine and well, but I’ll sit this one out if that‘s the case.
Georgia is on the eastern coast of the Black Sea though so are Turkey and Russia.

KruegerFlap

Might Stick Around
Dec 3, 2021
Ohio
It has Virginias and Orientals in it so I'm down for a couple tins. I too enjoy the small batch thing but I would like to see C&D release another regular production blend as well.

Reactions: anotherbob

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Yes. The state of Georgia is the origin of the tobacco.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I posted a briefly edited version of the literature sent to me. If you read what I wrote carefully, you'll note my wording is not nebulous: "This broken flake blend is old belt (North Carolina and Georgia)". The country of Georgia is not part of the Old Belt South of the United States. I hope this puts the matter to rest.

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
I posted a briefly edited version of the literature sent to me. If you read what I wrote carefully, you'll note my wording is not nebulous: "This broken flake blend is old belt (North Carolina and Georgia)". The country of Georgia is not part of the Old Belt South of the United States. I hope this puts the matter to rest.
Yeah, re-reading I guess you were clear and my mind wasn’t. Damn I wanted this to be a different blend. Oh well. I never knew GA was considered old belt. Where in GA are they growing?

I recant previous posts, Sablebrush may be right lol

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
The country of Georgia is not part of the Old Belt South of the United States. I hope this puts the matter to rest.
says you but since we're on the internet facts and other things are flexible and are to be used like most recipes use salt (to taste). I mean I've read on the internet that the middle ages never happened they're just a thing people made up so that we'd not know that Rome lasted as long as it has, because some how that would help someone do something...... So if that flies on the internet then Georgia the country can also be Georgia the State.
Sorry I have to blow off steam and sometimes you end up being what they call an innocent bystander.
Either way I am just feeling a bit salty that they release this right after I make my big main yearly tobacco order instead of when it would have been easy to throw in a tin.

• Haha
Reactions: KruegerFlap

REO

Might Stick Around
Nov 5, 2020
Atlanta
The state of Georgia has a long history of tobacco growing. The southern part of the state is rich in tobacco, cotton and soybean farming. Been that way for a couple of centuries.

DesertDan

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 27, 2022
Tucson, AZ
Small batch is cool with me, I have several such offerings in my collection.

I missed out on the Sun Bear Tupelo (darn) but I have the two prior ones.
I have the last couple Carolina Red Flake offerings as well.
This one sounds interesting, so hopefully I'll be able to grab a couple when it releases.
I just ordered the Country Squire 53rd anniversary blend, their 50th Ani. blend is very good so I imagine this one will be too.