PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

martiniman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 6, 2012
Please keep this thread up in posting and sign me with the long list of newbies waiting to qualify.

ozymandias

Might Stick Around
Apr 27, 2012
This is such a good Idea that my brain fell out. I eagerly await the ability to participate!

logandow

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2011
Oregon
I really want to move in to my new place so I can put my name on the list. All these pictures are making me jealous!

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
HOLY DRAGON'S SMOKE BATMAN!
I just opended the box... son of a beach. I'm not gonna get any sleep tonight going through all this. /drool
P5230853.jpg

P5230857.jpg

Some nice rusticated pipes by jasongone... I don't think I can resist taking one of these... Now to choose which pipe to leave behind in it's place.... so hard to choose! :crying:

P5230855.jpg

A cool leather-wrapped pipe left by Lonestar. There's another pipe in here but it's wrapped in bubble wrap and I just unpacked everything so I wasn't going to unwrap it all. It would consume my house.

P5230856.jpg

P5230854.jpg

P5230858.jpg

P.S. Thanks to whoever put it the five brothers lol Been wanting to try that. OK guys, off to rummage through the booty! :mrgreen:

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Excellent pass! :clap:
Those who haven't gotten the box before, please take note. Spartan did a bang-up job with the pics. We want more posts like this as the box makes its way around...
-Jason

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Five Brothers frightens me, but it didn't stop me from taking a little bit. Just to see if I could work up the courage....
-Jason

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Ya, seems as tho us poor Canadians get left out alot. I have been sending and recieving pipes and baccy for 6 months now, no prob., I do, However, understand the concern. Ahhhh, to be an American. hahahhahaha

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Great photos Spartan.
What I like -- and what's evident from the pics -- is some of the best, most difficult to obtain, tobacco included: Margate, Chelsea Morning, Penzance, JNP (my contribution form last year) etc.
It gives folks a chance to try some of the new classics and decide if they want to expend the effort to pursue them.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
There's another pipe in here but it's wrapped in bubble wrap
It's a cleaned up estate that had been sitting on my shelf for months. Just went "What the heck" and threw it in there. Someone may find better use for it. I can't even remember the make, but it wasn't anything high value. There's about 5 or 6 uncleaned as well for those that want to give restoration a try without breaking the bank.
@Baron: Sorry... shoulda come after me I guess ;-)
And for all.. yes.. the box pass is a grand institution !

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I will complain about a few "Mystery Blends" added lol Not naming any names, but you know who you are. :wink:
A Mystery blend kind of defeats the whole purpose of the Box Pass does it not? If I fall in love with the mystery blend and I'm not able to acquire more of it... I'd go insane. So I left all the noname or custom blends without names alone.
Mission Statement:

To be able to try small amounts of different tobaccos without a large investment.
I don't have much to give. But I have enough to make a worthwhile contribution.
And you bet it'll be something someone will want to try. :puffy:

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I need some opinions on something...
I'm trying very hard to get all the stuff back in the box... and there seems to be little to no room for any additions from myself.
Is it bad form if I take some of the tinned blends and transfer them to baggies to create more room in the box?
I'm not touching the Esoterica blends in their nice shiny thin metal tins, those are fine. But the Sutliff tins are kinda bulky.
I'm gonna go back and take all the air out of the baggies again :x and see if that works, But I'd appreciate some feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.