PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Hey! Thank you for the input as I will only use warm water. I'm glad I don't have to mess with waxing a pipe. I'm hoping by the time I pass this along to my son, it'll be almost completely colored. Then, it'll be up to him.
Cleaning the airway and chamber with alcohol is a bit of a myth as well.

BPatrick

Might Stick Around
Feb 20, 2024
Southwest Lower Michigan
I appreciate all the input. I've smoked for years. Mostly by trial and error and my grandfather showing me before he passed away. I wish I found this place years ago. I would have saved so much tongue bite and been better at packing. I started figuring things out on a loose pack and that helped immensely. As an avid cigar smoker I made the mistake of taking care of my pipe tobacco like I did my cigars. After quite a bit of frustration I discovered that the humidity in pipe tobacco should be much lower. What a game changer. It was at that point I really started smoking more. I smoke a lot of cigars, medium full to full and have to smoke them in my smoking room. I can smoke a pipe inside as long as it's aromatic. So I started bringing home samples of pipe tobacco to see which ones my wife liked and as long as I smoked them I could inside the living room. That's when I really noticed the coloring of the pipe. Actually my wife commented she thought it changed a lot within a few days and then it became a quest.to see how much change. I can smoke it all day. The only downside is that the tobacco is really mild with aromatics. The tobacco that really colored my pipe the fastest was C &D Apricots and Creme. I also smoked a lot of Autumn Even and Boswell's No Bite Delite. The Mrs just loves that scent. I think the oils and casing did the trick! I'm looking forward to spending more time on here and really learning the craft of pipe smoking. I've already taken several tips and applied them to my daily smoking.

Reactions: FLDRD

BPatrick

Might Stick Around
Feb 20, 2024
Southwest Lower Michigan
Ok, well took advice and cleaned the pipe and it didn't change the look or coloration of the pipe.i wonder if the aromatics have more oils than my Early Morning blend and that's why it's coloring the way it is and as fast as it is.