Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you on most ,except that vaginas are sometimes drawn on walls, and tits too. Personally, I don't find penises funny, but I suppose someone who is... nahhhh... I am pretty sure an actual in depth explanation of why a penis is funny to someone would probably start an argument, ha ha. I will leave that between you guys and your therapists. puffy

I did a whole post on it, and I probably shouldn't get too far off track.

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Being held accountable for ones actions is appropriate. Having to "process" the tree by hand might be a good beginning.

What if whomever did this action was required to plant 100 trees along the area as compensation? Laboring and toiling by hand to do so. Would that consequence not only "punish" the offender, but create a reverberating "positive" far into the future?

Few others in society would even know, remember or be discouraged from doing similar - if the perp was "severely" punished - and let's say imprisoned, as is common today. But 100 trees may remind others for a very, very long time of the consequences of ones actions.

I see something like that as a punishment with some positives.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Being held accountable for ones actions is appropriate. Having to "process" the tree by hand might be a good beginning.

What if whomever did this action was required to plant 100 trees along the area as compensation? Laboring and toiling by hand to do so. Would that consequence not only "punish" the offender, but create a reverberating "positive" far into the future?

Few others in society would even know, remember or be discouraged from doing similar - if the perp was "severely" punished - and let's say imprisoned, as is common today. But 100 trees may remind others for a very, very long time of the consequences of ones actions.

Send him onto town to get 20 Rothmans.

• Haha
Reactions: simong

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
You're kidding, right?
One of my more celebrated cases was that about thirty years ago, newly elected Missouri Governor Mel Carnahan was the victim of two completely unrelated circumstances.

The Missouri Capitol Commission spent several hundred thousand dollars refurbishing the Governor’s Gold Plated Elevator in the Missouri Capitol building.

My 18 year old client on his Senior trip to the Capitol carved on the walnut trim of the Governor’s $358,000 Gold Plated Elevator

Tom loves the shit out of Becky

I will say, Governor Mel Carnahan was a very good sport about the entire affair.

It is NOT true he apologized to my client, that is pure legend.:)

But by the time I’d summoned friendly television reporters to do a story on an 18 year old lovesick boy with a beautiful girlfriend who had no idea or clue the state had just spent $358,000 to redo the Governor’s Gold Plated Elevator the Governor himself did agree to allow the lad to have a local cabinet maker to restore the wood and all charges were dismissed.:)

Poor old Mel Carnahan.

His son should have not flown into that cloud.

(I wish I could say Tom married Becky but she left him when he went to college. Today he’s a successful medical doctor about fifty with an extreme passion for preserving Missouri history.)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Toast and FLDRD

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri

I wonder if it’s on the Scottish side?

And is the boy descended from Celtic warriors who obliged those Roman invaders to build not one, but two walls to try and keep we Scotsmen from extracting a just revenge against the invaders?

100 trees is two many.

Eleven planted to allow Scots to survey the English countryside would be more fitting. The boy could get crowdsourced for some really big ones, all named after loyal Disciples.:)

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Serious question: Could there be some tie in with one of those fantasy stories that shot scenes with that tree in it?
I.e., could the kid have been trying to make a statement that has nothing to do with Hadrian's wall, Scotland, or England?

Reactions: FLDRD

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey

And is the boy descended from Celtic warriors who obliged those Roman invaders to build not one, but two walls to try and keep we Scotsmen from extracting a just revenge against the invaders?

100 trees is two many.

Eleven planted to allow Scots to survey the English countryside would be more fitting. The boy could get crowdsourced for some really big ones, all named after loyal Disciples.:)
The tree was on the Northumberland side; that's the English side.

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
I agree with you on most ,except that vaginas are sometimes drawn on walls, and tits too. Personally, I don't find penises funny, but I suppose someone who is... nahhhh... I am pretty sure an actual in depth explanation of why a penis is funny to someone would probably start an argument, ha ha. I will leave that between you guys and your therapists. puffy

I did a whole post on it, and I probably shouldn't get too far off track.
I have to confess I drew one on a desk in 8th grade health class because I thought it was funny. But I’ve reformed

gubbyduffer

Can't Leave
May 25, 2021
Peebles, Scottish Borders
I don't know about planting another 100, people might get sick o' more...
There would be issues around the effect that roots and planting may have on ancient archeology. I imagine rules around such sites are really strict. Its more that the tree sat in a particular geographic location and dip in the wall that kind of made it iconic. Often photographed, people got married under it, and as I said it appeared in film.
Don't get me wrong, I am not raging at whoever did it, but a bit annoyed amd saddened at the mindless stupidity of it. There are things that concern me more in my day to day life.

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey

100 trees is two many.

The tree was on the Northumberland side; that's the English side.
How long would a proper Celt have allowed those Romans a tree to observe them from?

I think our wayward lad might become a hero in Scotland, if he’ll keep his mouth shut and let a good lawyer speak for him.:)
That tree was only 300 years old; Sycamore trees were introduced to Britain in the 15th or 16th Centuries; long after the Romans had left.

As for being a hero in Scotland; all of the Scots I know would be appalled at this vandals behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.