PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gubbyduffer

Can't Leave
May 25, 2021
Peebles, Scottish Borders
Angered to hear of the deliberate felling of an sycamore tree on Hadrian's Wall, which is a World Heritage Site. Police have arrested a 16yo. I visited there a couple of years ago, and although only a tree, its quite iconic, and is often photographed, and has been a film location for Robin Hood Prince of Thieves.
skynews-sycamore-gap-northumberland_6300918.jpg

D4AA3813-473C-4C94-B62E-4E02B9727543-930x1110.jpeg
1rbt.8fzmen.940.jpg

Attachments

• D4AA3813-473C-4C94-B62E-4E02B9727543-930x1110.jpeg
    D4AA3813-473C-4C94-B62E-4E02B9727543-930x1110.jpeg
    111.1 KB · Views: 9

Green Hill piper

Can't Leave
Feb 1, 2023
What a shame. The world fell apart. More than likely they caught him because he posted it On that horror show tic tock.

blackpowderpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2018
Middle Tennessee
If not punished for this, what's next for him? What purpose did he have for cutting the tree down? Is there no shame?

A youth here locally was caught gut shooting a farmer's cattle, killing several. When caught, he was grinning like a Cheshire cat as if he had done something cool and remarkable.

Kids need to be held accountable and know that there are consequences for their actions!

WerewolfOfLondon

Can't Leave
Jun 8, 2023
London
A good fucking hiding is what he'd want. Stupid little twat. Kind of thing I would have done at that age, IF I didn't know my old man would be on hand to give me a good beating. No point sending him to prison and making a criminal out of him and ruining his life, a firm thrashing would suffice.

H

HRPufnstuf

Put me down as one who pleas for mercy for the boy.

I didn’t do that dumb of a thing when I was sixteen but I never had the opportunity to cut down a sycamore on Hadrian’s Wall, either.:)
You're kidding, right?

Reactions: timelord

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Hm.

Imagine a slider that's set in the middle, at zero.

On one end of the slot is the word "Punishment", and at the other end "Reward".

If a society wants more or less of a given behavior among its population, which direction should the slider be moved?

It's not rocket science.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
I am very sorry for this atrocity. I hope and wish, that the one who committed this evil, will pay very hard, doing social work, for a long time. Here in Spain, there is also a phobia to the Roman constructions. Hatred of our Greco-Roman origins is encouraged, the meaning of family is destroyed, the culture of abortion is promoted. Everything is the fault of the Romans.

I made a post about the graffiti on bathroom wall a long time ago, well, not like Roman time, but like a few years... Someone had posted that Hadrian's wall is littered with penis drawings left by various soldiers over the millennia. I have never understood why a guy left along to his own devices, decides to draw a penis. I have two theories... the first is that soldiers are usually young and have seen very few (if any) women nude, so they draw the thing that they are most familiar with... or, in the history of art, we know that artists have always drawn things that they long for (or desire) the most.

To draw or sculpt it, is to make or manifest the thing. So...

Here is to vandalism on Hadrian's Wall...

1695992323977.png
1695992373358.png

1695992408290.png

1695992425296.png

The wall seems full of dicks.

Kobold

Lifer
Feb 2, 2022
Maryland
or, in the history of art, we know that artists have always drawn things that they long for (or desire) the most.

Maybe in some cases but I think the overwhelming majority of disembodied penis graffiti is due to the fact that its funny. I mean a real penis doesn’t even look like that. The balls are always separated and nobody ever draws an uncircumcised one. Always erect too. It’s vulgar so it’s funny. A graffiti vagina just doesn’t translate when you put it on a wall. People probably would think you doodled an ear or something.

Reactions: cosmicfolklore
Status
Not open for further replies.