PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
There's a recent thread about local foods.

Figure a neat idea is posting some foods and where you like to get them (since I'm always looking for suggestions).

Coney dogs - Lipuma's
Pizza - ever since DeLuca closed in Lansing, Jets is sadly my favorite

Shawarma - Lebanese Grill, ???
Ice cream - Erma's or MSU Dairy Store
Corned beef - ???, Chadds Bistro
Pickled bologna - Koegel
Bumpy cake - Sanders
Almond boneless chicken - ???
Zip sauce for steaks - Lelli's but I make my own

BBQ - Slows, Meat in Lansing
Sliders - Teleway, White Castle
Olive burger - Dagwoods in Lansing
Burgers - ???
Thai - Bangkok Cuisine
Mexican - Mexican Village, ???
Sushi - Maru in Lansing, ???
Fried chicken - North Shack, ???
Chinese - ???
Sandwiches - Chadd's Bistro, Alibi
Carrot cake - Antonio's, Nothing Bundt Cakes

Cannoli - ???
Summer sausage - Ted's Meat in Saginaw
Tastee Burger out in Dearborn 🤤

Reactions: The Amish Tyrant

Amarkey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2022
Northeast MI
I was back home up north in the Oscoda/Tawas area as i just sold my home up there. I needed some pipe cleaners and a new cob so i stopped at Bay Party Store in East Tawas. To my surprise they had Half and Half, SWR aromatic and original. I grabbed a pouch of Half and Half as I've yet to try it. I like it so far and ive never cared for Burley.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
I was back home up north in the Oscoda/Tawas area as i just sold my home up there. I needed some pipe cleaners and a new cob so i stopped at Bay Party Store in East Tawas. To my surprise they had Half and Half, SWR aromatic and original. I grabbed a pouch of Half and Half as I've yet to try it. I like it so far and ive never cared for Burley.
Half and Half is my favorite codger blend and go to smoke.

Also, party and liquor stores sometimes have pouches or tubs (and not just the RYO variety).

Amarkey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2022
Northeast MI
Half and Half is my favorite codger blend and go to smoke.

Also, party and liquor stores sometimes have pouches or tubs (and not just the RYO variety).
I typed that wrong. Its actually Holy Smokes tobacco, it is inside of Bay Party Store. 6 bucks was a good deal as well. First time ive seen them carry pouches of tobacco.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
I'm guessing most of you are familiar with Wild Bill's Tobacco. It's a chain found in nearly every Metro Detroit city that has a walk in humidor of cigars and various cigarettes/RYO tobaccos.

I'm not a fan of their house blends. They carry some cobs and Dr. Gabrow pipes, some pipe cleaners (which I pick up in a pinch), and a small selection of tins (usually Ashton - and all English blends by me).

One shop (I believe straddling Macomb and Oakland counties) is opening a cigar bar. If so, the other locations are likely to follow suit. So I pose the following:

1. Has anyone found something pipe related they enjoyed there?

2. Any other locations offer the cigar bar (and if so, how large is it for a potential gathering)?

Laurent

Lifer
Dec 25, 2021
Michigan
I'm guessing most of you are familiar with Wild Bill's Tobacco. It's a chain found in nearly every Metro Detroit city that has a walk in humidor of cigars and various cigarettes/RYO tobaccos.

I'm not a fan of their house blends. They carry some cobs and Dr. Gabrow pipes, some pipe cleaners (which I pick up in a pinch), and a small selection of tins (usually Ashton - and all English blends by me).

One shop (I believe straddling Macomb and Oakland counties) is opening a cigar bar. If so, the other locations are likely to follow suit. So I pose the following:

2. Any other locations offer the cigar bar (and if so, how large is it for a potential gathering)?
Wow! The wild bills in the Grand Rapids area does not have tins. They have some bag tobacco and the Dr Grabow and shrooms now that you can grow lol

bangzoom

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 25, 2023
North of the Equator

Pipe and tobacco shops in Michigan...other than a few left...an extinct destination...sad.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Amish Tyrant