McClelland 221 Baker st Arcadia

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

lqjones

Oct 8, 2013
I have been enjoying MacBaren's virginia no 1 lately and just smoked some Arcadia out of my MM Freehand. Wow, this stuff is tasty. It had been a while since I smoked it and I forgot how tasty it is. Has a great natural tobacco taste and more of a tangy, rich taste then the sweet virginias. They are both very tasty and I highly recommend both. In a cob, the Arcadia is just out of this world. Any other fans of this stuff?

lraisch

Jul 4, 2011
Arcadia is one of my favorites as well. I find that it improves with two or three years aging and I keep several tins cellared.I like to alternate with Rattray's 7 reserve.

jah76

Preferred Member
Jun 27, 2012
I missed this one. I'm not a fan of straight Virginia's because I find myself missing the "body" of perique or a bit of latakia. Do the Orientals help round this tobacco out? I've got a Virgina/Oriental blend on order but have yet to try anything just made up of the two tobaccos.

lqjones

Oct 8, 2013
The orientals do help round the taste out. I can tell you that I really like virginias and this is definitely "more" than just virgies.

lordnoble

Preferred Member
Jul 13, 2010
I like the Arcadia, but the Black Shag is my favorite. It's got a meaty, full flavor that is so good. I was summarily un-impressed with the Honey Dew.
-Jason

petes03

Preferred Member
Jun 23, 2013
It's the only 221b that I've not had. I'm not a big Va fan, but I do like 221b Black Shag! The Honeydew was not that impressive, IMO. It's not bad, but not real good either.