PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lqjones

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 8, 2013
I have been enjoying MacBaren's virginia no 1 lately and just smoked some Arcadia out of my MM Freehand. Wow, this stuff is tasty. It had been a while since I smoked it and I forgot how tasty it is. Has a great natural tobacco taste and more of a tangy, rich taste then the sweet virginias. They are both very tasty and I highly recommend both. In a cob, the Arcadia is just out of this world. Any other fans of this stuff?

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
I missed this one. I'm not a fan of straight Virginia's because I find myself missing the "body" of perique or a bit of latakia. Do the Orientals help round this tobacco out? I've got a Virgina/Oriental blend on order but have yet to try anything just made up of the two tobaccos.

lqjones

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 8, 2013
The orientals do help round the taste out. I can tell you that I really like virginias and this is definitely "more" than just virgies.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I like the Arcadia, but the Black Shag is my favorite. It's got a meaty, full flavor that is so good. I was summarily un-impressed with the Honey Dew.
-Jason

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
It's the only 221b that I've not had. I'm not a big Va fan, but I do like 221b Black Shag! The Honeydew was not that impressive, IMO. It's not bad, but not real good either.

Status
Not open for further replies.