PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Sorry to hear this Al but glad she had a great home with folks like you for 14 fantastic years.
Take Care,
Darin

homewaters

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 16, 2014
Deepest condolences. Dogs are truly amazing and it's such a hard thing to accept that we don't get to spend more time with them. Ellie completed her journey and I am sure she had lots of fun along the way. She will live in your heart forever...

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
His grave, smoke my morning pipe when weather permits.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Oh, Al, it really hurts, doesn't it? We have a few good friends buried out back. I tell our current animals all about them.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Al, deep condolences to you and Liz. I know you guys had a great 14 years with your little terrier buddy, but that's hard to remember today. Sending you guys good vibes tonight.
-- Pat

stickframer

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2015
Condolences. Reading this thread I can't help reminiscing about my 2 dogs final days. I still miss them but there are so many good memories, too. You're in my thoughts this evening.

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
Al, I'm very sorry to hear of the passing of your friend and companion. 14 years is a long life filled with wonderfully joyous memories. Remember to good times...and all the joy

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
Very sad, so sorry Al. What I miss most was the greeting I got every night when I got home. They are truly a member of the family and there is no consolation for their loss. I'm sad for you and the wife. Remember what Ellie brought to your lives. Those memories still bring a smile to my face even when I miss Maggie a lot. I always slipped her table scraps, over the strenuous objections of my wife, and even now I find myself on occasion unconscientiously scraping the scraps together expecting her to be there waiting patiently for her share. Dutch

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
Like everyone else has said.....sorry for your loss. They own a piece of your heart, without question.

Dog lovers are good people.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Thanks to great neighbors, who are also dog lovers, we sent Ellie out in style with an Irish-style wake on the patio. A raised pipe to good friends and good dogs. I can't sum it up any better than Johnny Cash.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk7W-Kz3Wgc

ericthered

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2014
Suffolk, VA
I'm sorry for your loss, Al. Thank-you for sharing that Lampman essay/poem, it was very touching and appropriate. Also, thank-you for sharing this difficult and painful experience, it is causing me to remember that our time with our furry companions is short, comparatively, and that I shouldn't take the presence of our family dog Gypsy for granted. She hasn't been getting as much quality time recently, since my daughter was born.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Losing a beloved animal companion is just about as bad as it gets. After my cat passed away after 20yrs together I've actually pondered getting a parrot, primary reason being a parrot will outlive me. Hard times.

Best wishes!

Nate

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I really enjoyed your write up about the bittersweet pain held within the inevitable we all face. A poetic remembrance of a loving relationship that will never end.

There is a wonderful irony in death that enriches the spirit.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Please accept my condolences. Ellie seemed to be to be very content in her final days, based on my brief observation. She just assumed everyone loved her.
I had to put down my son's 14 year old shitzu. It might have been the hardest thing I had to do in my adult life.

Status
Not open for further replies.