PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
I guess in my declining years I have resorted to a prepackaged thing from McCormick that has a fixed amount of pepper in it. When you have ground it all up you just toss it and get another one.
Yup, that's what we use. And to declining years. the way the arthritis in both my knees have been acting up lately, I feel pretty declining.

Reactions: kcghost

burleybreath

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2019
Finger Lakes area, New York, USA
I am no pepper mill expert--it's just something I use and have never thought about. I've used this Oxo whatever for nine years with no problems. Works the same as when new. It was discontinued by the company, then brought back because they noticed that used ones were bringing 70 or 80 bucks on ebay. If it breaks tomorrow, I'd get another one.

Amazon.com - https://www.amazon.com/OXO-Good-Grips-Lewis-Pepper/dp/B003L0OOQM/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3HLJZCDVIFCBR&keywords=oxo+pepper+grinder&qid=1701665075&sprefix=oxo+pepp%2Caps%2C108&sr=8-4

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
Used to have this. Was very good. Lasted over 30 years. But grinding becomes cumbersome after awhile. Some French brand called Perfex.

View attachment 266180

When I moved about two years ago, changed to Peugeot pepper mill. Easier to use and holds good amount of whole pepper seed.

View attachment 266182

I second Peugeot grinders. I’ve had mine for 15 years and it gets daily use. It still works perfectly.

Reactions: bullet08