PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mustangii

Lurker
Sep 14, 2011
I play paintball to relieve stress,Also camp with the Boy Scouts, Collect Fire pistons, Repair cars as a job and hobby.

here are a few of my Paintball markers.

98 Brass Eagle Rainmaker

rainmaker002.jpg

Tippmann A5

a5rt002.jpg

Me at a couple of paintball senario game

bb0708wu4.jpg

5156929997e68b8d3c7mqc3.jpg

My fire pistons

firepistons013.jpg

These start fires by using Diesel compression
edm

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
In addition to pipes I am an avid shooter and gun collector. Actually you could say that my passion for pipes is exceeded only by my passion for guns.
Also, like Paul I too am an avid WWII buff.

mustangii

Lurker
Sep 14, 2011
hobie1dog I've owned 6 mustangs over the years sold 4 of them, 1 burned in my driveway ( faulty wireing ) and scraped my last one. Saveing my pennies for a new one, lol.
edm

patriotfirst

Lurker
Feb 8, 2010
My main hobby is shooting to include black powder and air rifles. My second hobby is playing guitar. My third is actually playing Call of Duty on Xbox 360 usually only a couple of times a month though.

rouleur

Lurker
Aug 31, 2011
This is a good thread, I like it. This is a little off topic, but I have to say that I really enjoy the "atmosphere" of this forum. The members that have been around longer are always interested in the newer members and always willing to offer help. They aren't just a bunch of elitist guys who take pride in the fact that they know more about pipes than the others.
Anyway, back on topic.
Cycling is my biggest hobby. I ride mainly road bikes as opposed to mountain bikes, but I think that I may enjoy working on bikes more than I enjoy riding them. I work as a bike mechanic, and it's almost the perfect job for me.
I also enjoy firearms, but I haven't had a chance to shoot a lot or own my own. I have been looking at a few to purchase lately, but they would have to come after living expense and bike stuff, so that doesn't leave much money to work with.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I'll play!
Cooking and eating!

Gardening mostly veggies.

Entertaining my 5 year old son. I'm a stay at home dad for the last year.

Walking my dog

Fishing for bass in local lakes from my little boat.

Traditional archery when I get a chance. I shoot a Wing recurve made in the 1950's and build wooden arrows.

Being nice to my wife

Camping but not nearly as much as I would like

I have a few guns but have not shot in a year or so. Want to hunt deer and pig but its hard to find public land in California and the time to go do it so I fish.

bclarke

Lurker
Aug 25, 2011
I build/pick banjos, love my 1953 Chevy 3100, always try to get my Jeep running (but would rather ride the Harley), read about 3 books a week, wear kilts, use a straight razor, and have now rediscovered pipes. Love guns and knives (though I'm not much of a hunter-it's all self-defense). My main focus is preservation of Appalachian culture.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
i play video games, i love to cook and eat, i love movies, i ride four wheelers, i smoke cigars and pipes, i love going toconcerts, and i like to do target practice with my gun(i dont hunt though)

revs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
Utah
Hobbies? Hmmm...... I guess I'll just start at the top. I enjoy paintball-been too long since I played. I enjoy straight razor shaving and all that goes along with that. When I need to relax and don't want to enjoy a pipe-pipe smoking is a relatively new past time-I pull out a sharpening stone and touch up my razors/knives/etc. Recently got into tying knots again. And not the shoelace knots, even though there are several variations on that knot. I have made a few knives and I work with some Kydex. Enjoy surfing some EDC forums-EDC= Every Day Carry for the curious. Am a moderator on a body modification forum. Yes, I am tattooed and pierced. Two fairly inconspicuous Kanji and both lobes pierced. Do my own piercings. Have other ink projects in the works. Just need funds for them. Carving , both by hand and by Dremel. Nothing too complex. Hacking my Android phone/tablet. Computers in general. Fishing, hunting, camping-not as much as I would like. Need to sight in my air rifles.
And I will add more as I remember. Oh, I enjoy reading sci-fi/fantasy books. Tolkien, Niven, Asimov, etc.

wardrum

Might Stick Around
Sep 23, 2011
I must say there are some very interesting ppl here. I show dogs havent gone far with it but its fun. I like training them better here is a vid of one of boys when he was 10 yrs old. http://youtu.be/pEAHge3Xl0E

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
I love music of all styles and genres. I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 1400 albums (all legal and all on physical media (suck it iTunes :) I've also been to several hundred concerts over the years.

Over the last few years I've become a beer snob and have sampled several hundred beers. Got my first plate at the Flying Saucer on St. Patrick's Day this year :D
plate.jpg

I enjoy buying and shooting guns. I have 3 pistols and about a dozen rifles including an AR-15 which I like a lot.

Traveling is amazing. I've been to 4 continents and about a dozen countries and am always trying to up those numbers.

Just hang out with people and make an ass of myself. I find that the amount of hubris someone has is pretty much the inverse of how much fun they can have :)

That's the main stuff I normally like to do. I've been living on a small FOB in Afghanistan for the last 5 months though and the law here is pretty much that if something is fun then it's illegal so I haven't been able to do any of those things since I got here. My hobbies on base include reading, eating, going to the gym, going to work, and growing my beard.

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
Well, I guess I am pretty lame after reading through these posts but so be it. I work like a hebrew slave which doesn't leave much time for anything. Any of my spare time is spent with my wife and three daughters. The absence of a father in the home is probably one of the biggest plagues the world has ever seen and I'll be danged if I'll let it happen in my home. They are young and they love playing dress up, princess, barbies, etc. So, you probably get the idea. They adore me and for that I am humbled. It is the greatest sense of responsibility I have ever felt.

classicgeek

Apr 8, 2010
@dhizzy: :clap:
As a representative of the guys on the board with young families, I commend your love and devotion. I myself arranged so that I could work from home to spend more time with mine.
Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.