PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
Fellow member Schmitzbitz let it slip that on occasion he wears a kilt, me too! I thought since its a great tradition, much like smoking pipes, that we could see some pics!

That's me at a wedding after after after after party in Whistler, bad picture I know, but I can't seem to find any others!

58592_433638666474_518256474_5669468_537025_n.jpg

*note* I was wearing brougues earlier, but I went drunken kilted skateboarding, and just cant manage to heelflip without skate shoes.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I just don't believe men should be caught wearing them, but then I'm an old fart set in his ways....her legs look good exposed though.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
A bit off the subject, but still kilts;

I just read a book written after world war I by an American sniper and machine gunner who fought in the trenches with the Canadian military.

Some of the stuff he writes about is eye opening. He wrote a lot about every day life there, like the daily rum rations (mandatory for the spirit of fighting men), eating lunch in bomb craters full of german arms, legs and other assorted bits and pieces, and having people die in the middle of conversations from stray bullets (well, I suppose I'm shot then).

Among other odd bits of trivia I picked up, it seems the Sottish units still went into battle wearing kilts and marching to pipes. Fascinating stuff.

The book is "A Rifleman Went To War" if anyone cares to read it.

ichbinmuede

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2011
Nope. I've always thought of going though. That's from Folk on the Rocks up in Yellowknife.

ichbinmuede

Feb 17, 2011
I would definitely recommend doing it. Nothing like enjoying music outdoors on the edge of a lake. Plus you can volunteer and get the day for free for barely anything at all and a t-shirt.

Jul 20, 2010
Sascha in Ultilikilt RWA 08
This is me at RWA 08 in San Francisco. I did get a LOT of attention from the ladies who also write romance novels as it's rare for most of them to see a man in a utilikilt. But I wear mine every day without fail. Have two and will probably get another before the year is out.
Besides, why would I bother with pants? Those are...unfree.

ichbinmuede

Feb 17, 2011
saschaillyvich:

Besides, why would I bother with pants? Those are...unfree.
Agreed. I'm thinking I may just phase them out completely. I plan to make myself several modern kilts because I like pockets and materials that don't cost a mint and I like variety. Then I shall be free from the oppression of bifurcated garments.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
Agreed. I'm thinking I may just phase them out completely. I plan to make myself several modern kilts because I like pockets and materials that don't cost a mint and I like variety. Then I shall be free from the oppression of bifurcated garments.

I try to go out kilted once a week at least, I keep planning on ordering a few sportkilts and utilikilts. As for Folks on the Rocks, I'll try extra hard to convince the wife this year.

ichbinmuede

Feb 17, 2011
Well if you make it I'll see you there! I'm making the trip back home for it this year.

pipetrucker

Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
Nope. Being of Irish descent I do not wear a kilt despite the erroneous association with kilts and the Irish. They didn't wear them, I don't wear them, but hey, if your heritage is Scotch why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.